Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holidays?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holidays? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/12/2011 11:58:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Wodin,

It's a lot like the board game, with some concessions to the computer game format. The only differences were discussed and agreed between Uwe Eickert and the lead developer.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 31
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/13/2011 1:08:49 AM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Wodin,

It's a lot like the board game, with some concessions to the computer game format. The only differences were discussed and agreed between Uwe Eickert and the lead developer.

Regards,

- Erik

i must be hard of hearing Erik, did you say 'yes ill post some screenshots and a beta AAR'?

its what it sounded like to me

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 32
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/13/2011 1:28:55 AM   
Erik Rutins

That will happen soon actually. Hopefully before the end of the year, if not then very early next year.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 33
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/13/2011 1:29:03 AM   
wodin

OK. I suppose where talking animations and sound effects here. I can live with that obviously. Now if where talking about adding things to make use of a PC like for instance each squad has individual soldiers and weapons and individual soldier losses can be incured similar to Squad battles then thats great news. A more advanced Squad Battles is what I'm hoping for. Fingers crossed.

Is this an in house Matrix title or is there an Indy developer making it?

Post #: 34
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/13/2011 1:34:53 AM   
Erik Rutins

More info will be coming soon, but this is being done by a well respected and well known development team with top selling games in the Matrix Online Store.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 35
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/13/2011 2:00:01 AM   
wodin

Excellent. I was just trying to see if I could get squeeze some info out of you. Should have known better. I wonder if it's the WW2 game that the Forge of Freedom team are working on (I'm sure I read something over there). Or I rememeber Lordz saying they are busy thats why the WW1 game is being delayed.

Hmm...I need Poirot.

Post #: 36
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/13/2011 8:50:16 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
Hmm...I need Poirot.

No need.

Gil Renberg from WCS :

"I can say that it's WWII. Beyond that I shouldn't say more, simply because this forum isn't the right place for such an announcement. But I do expect an announcement soon. (And then you will understand why that was prioritized.)"

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/m.asp?m=2883419&mpage=1&key=

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 37
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/13/2011 8:57:09 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Wodin,

Regards,

- Erik

Let me guess, you simplified the turn sequence to make it pure i-go-you-go instead of giving the non-phasing player a chance to interrupt actively. Maybe interruption is automatic like in other conventional computer games.

My Blog
Random Wargame Name Generator

Post #: 38
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/13/2011 10:40:34 AM   
wodin

Or even better made it WEGO. That would fit in more to the board game.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 39
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/13/2011 5:19:30 PM   
redcoat

Field of Glory - Decline and Fall is now available. I can't wait to get my voucher for a free copy.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 40
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/16/2011 3:13:40 AM   
jomni

If they finally get this engine sorted out.  Just hope they also fix POA2.  I believe the engine better suits modern combat than WW2.

My Blog

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 41
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/16/2011 7:55:10 AM   
JudgeDredd

I said this
quote:

...I think I can say (without breaking the NDA) that it's not a straight boardgame to PC conversion - though the essence of the game is most definitely there - you will know you are playing Conflict of Heroes if you've played the boardgame

not this
quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
Hmm it not being actaully like the boardgame is a worry. My expectations have now decreased massively.

Again with the negativity before you have any real information. You should get a job in marketing.

And I see you're still twisting words (not actually like the boardgame is nowhere near the same as not a straight boardgame conversion).

I'll give you your dues Wodin - you're a genius at manouvering!

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 42
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/16/2011 9:49:51 AM   
undercovergeek

is it the developers request to remain totally under the radar on CoH or a Matrix one?

I look at the Stalingrad game from Mark Walker and WiF and theres been screenshots and discussions for years and years on there - yet here we have a Q1 2012 release with nothing

just curious

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 43
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/16/2011 9:55:35 AM   
JudgeDredd

I think it's just standard until there's something ready - plus given all the furore when a company mentions anything like a release - so it's just until "it's the right time" - in answer to your question (more directly) though, I don't know who's decision - I would guess both consult and decide when the time is right (not sitting on the fence much there!)

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

Post #: 44
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/16/2011 10:02:45 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

If they finally get this engine sorted out.  Just hope they also fix POA2.  I believe the engine better suits modern combat than WW2.

Now how the hell did my comment regarding Tigers Unleashed get here??? Opening multiple windows again... sigh.

My Blog

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holidays? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI