Matrix Games Forums

Hannibal: Terror of Rome goes into BetaBattle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and Salute
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holidays?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holidays? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holidays? - 12/5/2011 4:54:26 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Just curious if there will be any more titles coming out before Christmas? I'm looking for gift ideas for the missus to me because honestly,I'm not the easiest to buy for. She tries, she really does but the things I want I usually just go out and get them myself and most things I am interested in she has very limited knowledge of unless it is fishing goods.

I already bought DW: Legends and Unity of Command (great game btw) but want to see if there was anything coming down the pipeline here as opposed to checking out what steam has to offer.

Thanks,
Mo Reb

Attachment (1)

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/5/2011 5:12:09 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, three more releases in the next seven days. Two this week, one early next week per the current plan.

Time of Fury, Panzer Corps DLC3 and Field of Glory: Decline and Fall.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/5/2011 5:20:51 PM   
pzgndr

And the Empires in Arms comprehensive standalone patch??

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/5/2011 8:02:45 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, three more releases in the next seven days. Two this week, one early next week per the current plan.

Time of Fury, Panzer Corps DLC3 and Field of Glory: Decline and Fall.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks Erik. I see in the Time of Fury forum that when asked if the game will be making a December release Iain McNeil said 'Yes - we expect the game to release tomorrow! :)'

Hmmm. Need to take a better look at Time Of Fury. I own SoP but didn't get too far into it. The Pacific theater just doesn't interest me too much. Although I don't own Panzer Corps I played the heck out of Panzer G and Allied G on the PlayStation back in the day and attribute those games to my introduction into 'computerized' wargaming.

As far as Empire in Arms, can that be a solo game against a competent A.I. and one where a complete noob can pick up on it fairly easy? My knowledge of the period is minimal at best.

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Post #: 4
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/5/2011 8:15:49 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel
As far as Empire in Arms, can that be a solo game against a competent A.I. and one where a complete noob can pick up on it fairly easy?

lol @ that!

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

Post #: 5
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/5/2011 8:45:12 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Is this a joke at my expense? Dang JD, I'm trying to make a lil conversation.   Work has been a touch slow these past weeks.

Tell me what you know of EiA Scotty. (is Scotty some kind of insult that I don't know about? Not that I care about your feelings, just curious)

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/5/2011 10:09:41 PM   
JudgeDredd

Well - it's totally fair to say I haven't looked in the EIA forum for quite some time - so I have no idea what the game is like now - however - it had a very, very, VERY bad reputation when it was released. And it was most definitely not considered n00b friendly!

Some to do with the programming and playability - others to do with people expecting one thing and getting another (serious board gamers not getting what they were expecting) - other things to do with playability - I got the impression that it just didn't transfer well to the PC - I think someone worked out that for 8 players as 8 factions to play the game to it's end would take something in the region of ?? number of years - lieterally.

I just remember I used to pop in there (the forums) - never posted - but went there for my laughs. I wasn't laughing at peoples issues - they did genuinely have issues - but the flaming going on was - well - Red Adair would have a problem putting some of the fires out.

One thing I would say though - through all the smoke and fire, the developer was (seemingly to me) very calm and always, always trying to improve the game and playability - he seemed very dedicated and I have to say he must've had very, very thick skin - because some of the sh!t thrown at him was not nice at all.

That's all - you just reminded me of some of the things I read there...heading there now myself to see what it's like...

A word of caution though - I have no idea (as I said) what the forum is like now - but I would suggest caution when you go asking if the game is good and the Ai is competent - maybe read a bit in there before you go asking - and when you do ask - make sure you have your anti sh!t filter on

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

Post #: 7
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/5/2011 10:15:12 PM   
JudgeDredd

I've been called worse than Scotty - believe me MR

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/5/2011 10:44:55 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr
And the Empires in Arms comprehensive standalone patch??

Yes, we have a whole bunch of updates that are still on our schedule, many of which have been delayed due to release work.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/6/2011 12:20:35 AM   
pzgndr

quote:

Well - it's totally fair to say I haven't looked in the EIA forum for quite some time - so I have no idea what the game is like now - however - it had a very, very, VERY bad reputation when it was released. And it was most definitely not considered n00b friendly!

Some to do with the programming and playability - others to do with people expecting one thing and getting another (serious board gamers not getting what they were expecting) - other things to do with playability - I got the impression that it just didn't transfer well to the PC - I think someone worked out that for 8 players as 8 factions to play the game to it's end would take something in the region of ?? number of years - lieterally.

I just remember I used to pop in there (the forums) - never posted - but went there for my laughs. I wasn't laughing at peoples issues - they did genuinely have issues - but the flaming going on was - well - Red Adair would have a problem putting some of the fires out.

One thing I would say though - through all the smoke and fire, the developer was (seemingly to me) very calm and always, always trying to improve the game and playability - he seemed very dedicated and I have to say he must've had very, very thick skin - because some of the sh!t thrown at him was not nice at all.

That's all - you just reminded me of some of the things I read there...heading there now myself to see what it's like...

A word of caution though - I have no idea (as I said) what the forum is like now - but I would suggest caution when you go asking if the game is good and the Ai is competent - maybe read a bit in there before you go asking - and when you do ask - make sure you have your anti sh!t filter on

Oh, it's not that bad anymore. The game has definitely had its growing pains, not unlike the ongoing pre-release delays (years!) also associated with World in Flames. It's just that these ADG boardgames are damned complex with all of their face-to-face interactions so trying to faithfully and completely port them to a turn-based PC game is a royal pain. It doesn't help that everyone wants something different and that makes it impossible to please anybody! I'll give MWiF credit, it's implementing a score of options to handle most all variations.

The good news about this long awaited EiA patch is that it will make official the various fixes and updates that resolve most of the multiplayer pbem issues. So vets should be able to jump back into the game. And when Matrix succeeds in making it a comprehensive stand-alone patch, it will be resolve another nagging problem associated with the current convoluted update scheme. Hopefully this will also attract some new players. It really is a decent game and with some continued support it will only get better.

quote:

Yes, we have a whole bunch of updates that are still on our schedule, many of which have been delayed due to release work.

Thanks Erik. Let's please go official and not another round of public beta? That's not necessary for this one.

Post #: 10
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/6/2011 9:43:54 AM   
JudgeDredd

Well I did go and look at the EiA forum and it has indeed calmed down. Nice to see the developer still very active and still very compassionate to peoples issues. As I said - he's always stood by the product from what I remember.

Part of the problem IIRC was that there were different versions and I think the game was either trying to be both, or it was one and some people thought it should be the other.

Anyway - some of the community was very vocal (to the point of being rude to the developer at times) who kept his flame suit on and continued to work on it.

I'm glad to see it's coming good...I saw a group of 7 people actually finished a game - two and a half years - and by all accounts I believe that's because of the way the game plays PBEM - not people slacking with their turn!

It still doesn't come across as a user friendly game though.

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/6/2011 12:05:47 PM   
redcoat

Field of Glory: Decline and Fall is due out next week. But there is a preview of the armies in the expansion here.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/6/2011 12:53:24 PM   
undercovergeek

any news on Conflict of Heroes??

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/6/2011 1:16:09 PM   
J P Falcon

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Well I did go and look at the EiA forum and it has indeed calmed down. Nice to see the developer still very active and still very compassionate to peoples issues. As I said - he's always stood by the product from what I remember.

Part of the problem IIRC was that there were different versions and I think the game was either trying to be both, or it was one and some people thought it should be the other.

Anyway - some of the community was very vocal (to the point of being rude to the developer at times) who kept his flame suit on and continued to work on it.

I'm glad to see it's coming good...I saw a group of 7 people actually finished a game - two and a half years - and by all accounts I believe that's because of the way the game plays PBEM - not people slacking with their turn!

It still doesn't come across as a user friendly game though.

When I was recently pondering purchasing a Napoleonic game I never seriously considered this one..I was a beta tester and because I never played the board game I was completely lost..eventually I just excused myself from the classroom when testers started talking about Empires in Arms and the mod Empires in Harms...anyway Time of Fury is coming out today so that is what I'm going to wrap my head around for awhile!

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/6/2011 2:24:32 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

Still going through testing

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 15
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/6/2011 3:16:25 PM   
Erik Rutins

Conflict of Heroes is now scheduled for the first quarter of 2012. It's coming along well, but was not quite ready in time for a pre-Christmas release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 16
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/6/2011 3:57:36 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

Still going through testing

are you a tester JD?

and thanks Erik

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 17
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/6/2011 4:02:04 PM   
JudgeDredd

I am yes - which reminds me, I must get some testing done tonight - I've had a manic week last week what with sales and Christmas shopping and DIY!

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

Post #: 18
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/7/2011 7:56:40 AM   
undercovergeek

quote:

I am yes - which reminds me, I must get some testing done tonight - I've had a manic week last week what with sales and Christmas shopping and DIY!

short of telling me anything at all - does it come with the JD stamp of approval?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 19
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/7/2011 12:45:40 PM   
JudgeDredd

It's coming along very nicely.

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

Post #: 20
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/7/2011 1:37:19 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Conflict of Heroes is now scheduled for the first quarter of 2012. It's coming along well, but was not quite ready in time for a pre-Christmas release.

Regards,

- Erik

Post #: 21
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/7/2011 1:53:54 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

It's coming along very nicely.

and what do i get for £5?

i know youre tempted

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 22
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/7/2011 2:59:53 PM   
JudgeDredd

PM me...

Joke.

Seriously though I enjoy testing it...I think I can say (without breaking the NDA) that it's not a straight boardgame to PC conversion - though the essence of the game is most definitely there - you will know you are playing Conflict of Heroes if you've played the boardgame.

It's coming along - looking rather sleek.

When a forum goes up is when more can be posted and discussed I guess - with AARs and such.

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

Post #: 23
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/7/2011 6:15:33 PM   
rogo727

What is Conflict of Heroes JD? Is it like Panzer Grenadier or Squad Battles?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 24
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/7/2011 6:25:40 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

PM me...

Joke.

Seriously though I enjoy testing it...I think I can say (without breaking the NDA) that it's not a straight boardgame to PC conversion - though the essence of the game is most definitely there - you will know you are playing Conflict of Heroes if you've played the boardgame.

It's coming along - looking rather sleek.

When a forum goes up is when more can be posted and discussed I guess - with AARs and such.

can you say if its got PBEM? is it turn based?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 25
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/7/2011 8:33:18 PM   
JudgeDredd

Sorry lads - hands are kind of tied at the mo.

I guess if you know anything about the boardgame then you'd know that it's individual units scale (tanks, arty etc) and squad sized units (rifle squad, smg squad etc).

If I get my finger out and get back to testing it'll be released sooner rather than later

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to give some info on it as it is turning out a cool game - but NDA means no real info can come out yet. Suffice to say it's coming along nicely, has a fair few variable options to vary gameplay and a fair few firefights.

That's all folks.

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

Post #: 26
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/7/2011 11:45:26 PM   
undercovergeek

thanks JD - was merely suggesting i kick your ass at PBEM when its released!!!

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 27
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/12/2011 1:01:19 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

If I get my finger out and get back to testing it'll be released sooner rather than later

Are you the only beta tester??

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 28
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/12/2011 10:28:55 AM   
JudgeDredd

no - there's a few

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 29
RE: Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holid... - 12/12/2011 11:07:25 PM   
wodin

Hmm it not being actaully like the boardgame is a worry. My expectations have now decreased massively.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix: Any More New Releases Planned For The Holidays? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI