Community senarios and new patch

Post new maps, scenarios, estabs and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

pcelt

Community senarios and new patch

Post by pcelt »

i am currently really uncertain what the current situation is re upgrding all these excellent scenarios in relation to the new patch.
The general consensus seemed to be that this was a relatively simple upgrade relating only to US 57mmAT guns and their new allocation to Companies. But a recent thread by Simovitch (12/2/11-BftB Community Scenarios Index) indicated that much more upgrading might be necessary involving porting the scenarios over to them.
Nothing has beeen added to this general indication and I(as one who very much enjoys using many of these Commmunity scenarios) would very much appreciate how and when they might be made fully compatible and usable with the newly patched game
Many thanks
sweeteye

RE: Community senarios and new patch

Post by sweeteye »

Seems like you should be able to use the scenarios just by opening them with the scenario editor and re saving them...Should take out the AT platoons though... Hopefully I will be up and running before too long...
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

pcelt

Post by pcelt »

Sweeteye--great news--did you get your membership prob sorted?
Have been missing your modding input-----and dont the AT guns removed need to then be shared among the Companies
Cheers
sweeteye

Post by sweeteye »

Have not got my membership resolved yet but hopefully they are working on it.....From what I can tell from reading simovitchs' post you need to create a folder called My Scenarios in the main BftB folder Then resave the scenario to there. The AT platoons are already included so  you just need to delete the ones located in the Battalion structure....
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Well, the 'My Scenarios" folder is automatically created as a default. You don't have to move your scenarios in there, but it's a nice housekeeping feature.

Changing the reinforcement options to Historical or Standard is not at all critical either.

Once you have verified that the pre-patch #2 scenario loads with the new patch, email the scenario and the map file (not the map cache) to Dave and ask him to (when he get's a chance) do the conversion that is required to the StartAt and Activation times of all tasks.
simovitch

pcelt

Post by pcelt »

Simovitch---Thanks for the clarifications ---as a relative newcomer to the game, may I just enquire what would be the effects in general of running an earlier community scenario with the patched game before any conversion re StartAt and Activation times has been undertaken
Thanks
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: pcelt

Simovitch---Thanks for the clarifications ---as a relative newcomer to the game, may I just enquire what would be the effects in general of running an earlier community scenario with the patched game before any conversion re StartAt and Activation times has been undertaken
Thanks
There may be no effect at all, or... it may reduce the at-start HQ charge and also some of the AI reshuffling that happens every once in a while.

It depends I think on how much the scenario designer re-set the timings during the development and testing of the scenario.
simovitch

pcelt

Post by pcelt »

Many thanks Simovitch

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”