Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The LEADER Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The LEADER Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The LEADER Mod - 12/5/2011 5:07:27 AM   
lancer

Introduction

ATG is a great wargame. It hits my sweet spot for cerebral entertainment.

The latest iteration (ATG) is a big step in the right direction.

But I’m a Wargamer. Which means that I’m never really happy with the status quo. Sure ATG is excellent, but it could be even better if it came with this and that.

My particular version of ‘ATG only needs these few extra features - which I personally deem to be necessary - to be a world beater’ runs a little like this.

Firstly you need to fix the crazy resource situation. How can resources magically appear in your capital if there is no viable transport connection?

And where oh where are the leaders? I was promised leaders. There aren’t any. Distinct and noticeable lack of leaders.

One of ATG’s many finer points is that it comes with a powerful editor and associated programming language.

So being the man of action that I am, I decided to learn how to tell it what to do and straighten out a couple of aforementioned oversights in the features department.

Action man meets funky, obtuse, retro green screen editor and loses round one. Badly. Comes out punching for a second round. Down for the count.

Gives up. Goes home. Hangs up action man hat.

Asks a few questions, thinks about it and tries a few cautious prods and pokes. Eventually gets to grip with the beast, wrestles it to the floor and holds it there till it coughs up the ‘Resource Mod’.

First problem solved.

Puts on the Smart Hat and tries again. Fully it expect it to be all done and dusted by the end of the fortnight.

Smart hat not so smart. Dumb and delusional, actually.

Persevere. Persist. Stumble onwards. Get used to overcoming problems only to run into a bigger one. Start to receive perverse enjoyment out of running head first into brick walls. Develop an intense dislike of green text.

Resort to violence. Subdue the beast. Keep kicking until it says chicken and promises to produce a Leaders mod. One that’s interesting, challenging and has a sense of humour.

Second problem.

Solved.

Read all about it here…

The LEADER Mod

Cheers,

Lancer

Post #: 1
RE: The LEADER Mod - 12/5/2011 3:24:55 PM   
rogerbacon50

People's Tactics, the first iteration of ATG, had leaders but they were replaced by STAFF. I think I preferred leaders over staff.

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 2
RE: The LEADER Mod - 12/6/2011 4:52:30 PM   
Stardog

Dude,

This would be AWESOME!

I completely agree with you in that ATG just needs a few things to take it from a really good game to One of the all Time Greats!

IMHO

Whats needs to be added to your list.

1)Move stack button

2)All Units in This HQ move to here Button aka " HQ Rally Point "

3)New Unit/HQ Creation window ( Must be able to make more than ONE unit at a time & assign a HQ with out all the clicking) **(See Pic Below)**

4)Unit Counter Build Template (Done in Unit Transfer window) may be 10 sets.

There is a difference between a Military Construction Engineer and Combat Engineer
Game needs both.

5)Combat Engineer = (Front Line unit) Does not build roads or rail but can repair them. They build temp forts & bridges,also they blow stuff up,and have some combat ability/rating

6)Military Construction Engineer = (Rear Unit) They do all the other stuff that is in the game now but build Roads and/or Railroads not Both/One for all.

Not everyone will agree but like I said this is just my opinion.

Thanks Bros!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Stardog -- 12/6/2011 10:57:03 PM >

Diplomacy without arms is like music without instruments.

Frederick the Great

(in reply to rogerbacon50)
Post #: 3
RE: The LEADER Mod - 12/22/2011 1:28:23 AM   
lancer

Ready for Download at the ATG Community Website

The LEADER Mod

(in reply to Stardog)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The LEADER Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI