Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The LEADER Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: The LEADER Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The LEADER Mod - 1/7/2012 12:01:58 AM   
Webizen

I played using standard AI (not - or +) with the leaders, connected resources and the bean & bullets options selected: two games and no AI factories built at all on a large map, full weather, dry world, map loop, shroud, 4 players.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Were your games against the "AI-" option ?

< Message edited by Webizen -- 1/7/2012 12:02:30 AM >

Tac2i

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 31
RE: The LEADER Mod - 1/7/2012 12:05:41 AM   
henri51

quote:

ly means of finding out. You can

Nice mod, but a minor quibble:

For the hundredth time on these forums (well, at least for the second or third time...), the expression is not "free reign" but "free rein", as letting your horse run loose before you rein him in.

henri

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 32
RE: The LEADER Mod - 1/7/2012 12:08:47 AM   
rosseau

I reign over my household until my wife reins me in.

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 33
RE: The LEADER Mod - 1/7/2012 1:49:05 AM   
lancer

G'day,

quote:

I played using standard AI (not - or +) with the leaders, connected resources and the bean & bullets options selected: two games and no AI factories built at all on a large map, full weather, dry world, map loop, shroud, 4 players.

All I can suggest is that there is something else affecting your game. Tangled patch upgrade? Residual bits and pieces left over from another mod?

Neither the Resource or Leader Mod go within cooee of the ATG AI. The Mod's and the AI are strangers who live in the same building. They aren't on speaking terms. Not once have the Mods knocked on the AI's door and asked to borrow a cup of sugar.

Perhaps if the AI was better looking and open to invasions...

I'll have to rein in my comments.

Cheers,
Lancer

[edit]
Out of interest I've gone back and looked at save game files for three random, large map, games I've played over the summer break with the 2.10 patch and the mods.

The first had the AI building two factories for everyone that I manage. As it should if it was AI+.

The remaining two had no AI factories at all. Zip. Both these games were played with the 'Depleted resources' option (less RAW and OIL on the map) whereas the first one wasn't.

Perhaps the AI routines aren't optimised for low resource situations?

Interesting.
[edit]

< Message edited by lancer -- 1/7/2012 2:46:55 AM >

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 34
RE: The LEADER Mod - 1/7/2012 4:43:51 AM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Were your games against the "AI-" option ?

Well that shoots holes in my theory about AI- not making planes, guess I'll hand the reins over to Vic and or Lancer on this one.

"Games lubricate the body and the mind" Ben Franklin.

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 35
RE: The LEADER Mod - 1/9/2012 3:48:02 AM   
lancer

G'day,

I have to eat some humble pie here. Webizen was indeed correct, the AI is reluctant to build factories with the mod.

While it's true that the mod doesn't influence the AI in anyway it turns out that there are a few obscure settings in the editor that I wasn't aware off.

During the last patch upgrade I must have inadvertently done, or not done, something that toggled them off. Thanks to Vic for his help in resolving this.

Problem sorted, updated versions available on the ATG community website. (Download and install as normal, should overwrite the previous version).

I've tested it with as many different starting options as I could think off and the AI happily does it's best Bob the Builder imitation in all cases.

My days of taking on 3 or 4 AI+'s and beating them are, I suspect, over.

Cheers,
Lancer

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 36
RE: The LEADER Mod - 12/7/2012 4:01:59 AM   
Pappy

Just thought I'd bump this up so it doesn't get lost next year. Very nice mod.

Windows 7 home premium 64
AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.40Ghz Processor
8 GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5800 w/1GB
Planar PX2710MW 1920x1080

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 37
RE: The LEADER Mod - 12/7/2012 11:32:09 AM   
lancer

Hi Pappy,

Thanks for the compliment.

I'll shortly be releasing a new, improved, version of the Resource Mod (which will also, touch wood, be multiplayer.

The Leader mod will have to be put to one side until I see what Vic has done with his new Officers feature that, by all accounts, is due out around Xmas. The existing Leader/Resource combined mod will remain in the file repositry but won't be compatible with the new ATG features that Vic will be releasing.

Cheers,
Lancer

(in reply to Pappy)
Post #: 38
RE: The LEADER Mod - 12/7/2012 2:23:15 PM   
Vic

V2.12 with the first scenario version of the new commanders is scheduled to be posted early next week.

Maybe the mod could still be compatible with a little rewriting and calling the "lancer-mod-commander" the commander in chief or the high commander or something (compared to the normal commanders in v2.12).

In a way i feel a bit bad moving in the same direction as a modder and maybe making a bit of his work (the leader mod) obsolete, but it is something i wanted to add for ATG already for a long time, and also i think it would still be fun to play the leader mod on its own as well.

Best,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 12/7/2012 2:27:15 PM >

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 39
RE: The LEADER Mod - 12/7/2012 8:54:53 PM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: lancer I'll shortly be releasing a new, improved, version of the Resource Mod (which will also, touch wood, be multiplayer.

Lancer, those are excellent news!!! You made my day

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: The LEADER Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI