Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wonders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Wonders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wonders - 12/4/2011 10:53:19 PM   
Swedewolf

I really like this implemantation but am querry about why I can build on all my planets same wonder. As only one can be build, what happens to the losers? Either in my Empire and other nations that come second. If there is a kind of bonus for half finnished then it can become a game exploit if I can multi build wonders, I think.
Post #: 1
RE: Wonders - 12/4/2011 10:56:59 PM   
Malevolence

no bonus. write down the name of the colony and send an invasion fleet. can be captured.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Wonders - 12/14/2011 9:53:19 AM   
jpwrunyan

Is there any benefit to building a wonder on your homeworld other than speed of completion? The development bonus is meaningless on such a world right?

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 3
RE: Wonders - 12/14/2011 10:06:46 AM   
feelotraveller

You get a development bonus for a wonder on top of your current development from other sources. Note that only the best development bonus from wonders is used on a world, so building a second wonder may not be the best thing. It can still be useful for the wonders other benefits though.

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 4
RE: Wonders - 12/15/2011 5:31:11 AM   
balto

Obviously the HomeWorld has the SPEED which means everything on Wonder building, so forget the Development bonus, it is not worth the risk of not getting the other bonus (the Research ones are the best). But there is an exploit,, well, sort of an exploit.

Go into the Diplomacy screen and click on the Trade thing and the Techs that you have that the AI needs show up. Use this to see if the other AI Races have the Tech required to build the Wonder. If they do not, well.., you can MAYBE build the Wonder in a "slower" (non Home world) colony. But if you are further along and you see that the best AI is two Techs behind the Wonder Tech, well heck, you can build it in SLOWER (non-HomeWorld) colony.

Based on experience, if you pick a very slow colony, the Wonder will take forever to build, so even if you are ahead 2 Techs, do not get too cocky and put it in a super slow colony or the AI could steal it from you by building it first.

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 5
RE: Wonders - 12/15/2011 6:55:09 AM   
feelotraveller

Then I might just have to go and steal it back from the computer.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Wonders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI