Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What does "Incite Rebellion" do?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> What does "Incite Rebellion" do? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/4/2011 10:34:27 PM   
WoodMan

Title says it all really,

Its not listed in the Galactopedia. I'm using it repeatedly on the Ikkuro and I can't for the life of me figure out what its actually doing

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Post #: 1
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/4/2011 10:41:39 PM   
Malevolence

they stop paying their taxes if successful. I've never seen them take up armed rebellion.

go into editor immediately after a successful mission and look at the target.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 12/4/2011 10:42:52 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 2
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/4/2011 10:42:55 PM   
WoodMan

Darn 

They are Human populated worlds, somehow the entire Ikkuro empire is Human apart from their homeworld, I was hoping they might join me

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 3
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/4/2011 10:44:18 PM   
Malevolence

they might if the AI gets stupid, but I've not made that work even after a hostile invasion takes one of my colonies.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 4
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/5/2011 1:40:58 PM   
sbach2o

I haven't tried this yet in Legends, but in previous versions, 'Incite Rebellion' reduced the happyness on the targeted colony some. this reduces tax revenue, except, on worthwhile targets with a big tax paying populace, the risk used to be too high to stake a valuable spy's life on the little temporary damage it'd do.

With a happyness pushed low enough, the colony would in theory be prone to rebellions. I never managed that. But that may be because I had better things to do with good spies. 'Incite Rebellion' was strictly a training mission for me.

With the new system, I wouldn't know what carried over.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 5
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/5/2011 2:22:26 PM   
Swedewolf

One of my spies got incite revulotion too, including incite rebelion.

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 6
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/5/2011 3:04:19 PM   
sbach2o

'Incite revolution' was supposed to induce a government change at the targeted empire, IIRC.

Edit: This may not sound like much, but it can have severe effects, like an empire-wide drop in happyness, if the right government transition is accomplished. I never tried it, though. Why put them through a revolution, if you can simply take all their colonies? Plus, I don't like to throw away spies, and (IIRC) this was an extremely high-risk mission.

< Message edited by sbach2o -- 12/5/2011 3:07:23 PM >

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> What does "Incite Rebellion" do? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI