Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What does "Incite Rebellion" do?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> What does "Incite Rebellion" do? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/4/2011 10:34:27 PM   
WoodMan

Title says it all really,

Its not listed in the Galactopedia. I'm using it repeatedly on the Ikkuro and I can't for the life of me figure out what its actually doing

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Post #: 1
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/4/2011 10:41:39 PM   
Malevolence

they stop paying their taxes if successful. I've never seen them take up armed rebellion.

go into editor immediately after a successful mission and look at the target.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 12/4/2011 10:42:52 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 2
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/4/2011 10:42:55 PM   
WoodMan

Darn 

They are Human populated worlds, somehow the entire Ikkuro empire is Human apart from their homeworld, I was hoping they might join me

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 3
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/4/2011 10:44:18 PM   
Malevolence

they might if the AI gets stupid, but I've not made that work even after a hostile invasion takes one of my colonies.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 4
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/5/2011 1:40:58 PM   
sbach2o

I haven't tried this yet in Legends, but in previous versions, 'Incite Rebellion' reduced the happyness on the targeted colony some. this reduces tax revenue, except, on worthwhile targets with a big tax paying populace, the risk used to be too high to stake a valuable spy's life on the little temporary damage it'd do.

With a happyness pushed low enough, the colony would in theory be prone to rebellions. I never managed that. But that may be because I had better things to do with good spies. 'Incite Rebellion' was strictly a training mission for me.

With the new system, I wouldn't know what carried over.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 5
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/5/2011 2:22:26 PM   
Swedewolf

One of my spies got incite revulotion too, including incite rebelion.

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 6
RE: What does "Incite Rebellion" do? - 12/5/2011 3:04:19 PM   
sbach2o

'Incite revolution' was supposed to induce a government change at the targeted empire, IIRC.

Edit: This may not sound like much, but it can have severe effects, like an empire-wide drop in happyness, if the right government transition is accomplished. I never tried it, though. Why put them through a revolution, if you can simply take all their colonies? Plus, I don't like to throw away spies, and (IIRC) this was an extremely high-risk mission.

< Message edited by sbach2o -- 12/5/2011 3:07:23 PM >

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> What does "Incite Rebellion" do? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI