Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Back at this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Back at this game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Back at this game - 12/4/2011 4:44:03 PM   
RCH

I have been gone from the game for about six months and I am now re-looking at it.

I was concerned after watching not one AAR get past the first blizzard. I also followed a Stalingrad AAR and shelved the game when the Axis player was unable to make any headway towards Stalingrad. From my knowledge of the eastern front (I am no expert) I thought that wasn't possible.

I really want to like this game and I do believe it has some great features, but is it a good simulation of the war on the eastern front?

I have seen some updates have been made and that AAR's are getting past the first blizzard. What I would like to see is a Stalingrad AAR played between two good players too see if the game has come along and is worth playing.

I am a little concerned about the historical playability. To be honest, I am not sold on the IGOUGO system.

Should I play the game again or should I just go read a book?

Post #: 1
RE: Back at this game - 12/4/2011 4:56:07 PM   
2ndACR

Lots of changes have made the game much better. Worth playing

(in reply to RCH)
Post #: 2
RE: Back at this game - 12/4/2011 5:21:17 PM   
heliodorus04

Definitely worth playing, and getting better with regularity.

Playing vs. Human will be completely different than playing vs. an AI, however, and a human will exploit certain mechanics in ways that seem a-historic at times, but that's the nature of the abstraction right now.

If you play vs. an AI and want to switch to a human, I would say that adjustment is pretty large.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Back at this game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI