Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Quick question about Soviet factory evacuation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Quick question about Soviet factory evacuation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quick question about Soviet factory evacuation - 12/4/2011 9:57:59 AM   
Sardaukar

Hi,

Sequence to evacuate industry should be according to manual this:

Summary: Left click to select hex, left click to select town, city or urban name in general information and city box, left click ‘>>’ link to select the number of each factory type to be moved, right click on eligible town, city or urban hex to transport selected factories using railroads.

General information means city name on screen in upper right corner, right? Because I get city bos just fine, but ">>"s are missing. Is this because Soviets cannot yet evacuate during Turn 1 (I am giving Soviet orders for Turn 1 and manual is not clear if I can yet evacuate) or am I missing something? And as far as I know, I am in Rail mode (F2).

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 12/4/2011 9:59:02 AM >

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 1
RE: Quick question about Soviet factory evacuation - 12/4/2011 11:11:23 AM   
Cannonfodder

You can't evacuate on turn 1.. Rail mode is the correct mode!

Industry can be partially evacuated

Ground element and aircraft production centers can only be moved once, so if you have a size 30 T34 factory and you move only 5 parts the other 25 will be lost. The plant will only start to expand again after you fix all damage and damage will be very high for partially evacuated industry!

< Message edited by Cannonfodder -- 12/4/2011 11:13:36 AM >

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 2
RE: Quick question about Soviet factory evacuation - 12/4/2011 11:20:58 AM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

You can't evacuate on turn 1.. Rail mode is the correct mode!

Industry can be partially evacuated

Ground element and aircraft production centers can only be moved once, so if you have a size 30 T34 factory and you move only 5 parts the other 25 will be lost. The plant will only start to expand again after you fix all damage and damage will be very high for partially evacuated industry!

Thanks, Cannonfodder!

I was pretty sure that it was because of Turn 1, but couldn't find explanation in manual, so I wasn't sure if I was doing it right.

I must say that interface is better than in Witp-AE, but still can be bit confusing. But hey, it's my first try with this.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Cannonfodder)
Post #: 3
RE: Quick question about Soviet factory evacuation - 12/4/2011 11:31:43 AM   
Cannonfodder

I am still playing WitP AE and I think the GG WitE interface is slightly better.. There are fewer options available so that always helps! There is a ton of stuff going on under the hood but after a few games you start to see patterns

One of the most important things to learn is how far units can move under certain circumstances. I would like to suggest you read that chapter a couple of times.

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 4
RE: Quick question about Soviet factory evacuation - 12/4/2011 11:50:43 AM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

I am still playing WitP AE and I think the GG WitE interface is slightly better.. There are fewer options available so that always helps! There is a ton of stuff going on under the hood but after a few games you start to see patterns

One of the most important things to learn is how far units can move under certain circumstances. I would like to suggest you read that chapter a couple of times.

Indeed. I was quite surprised how far Germans got during Turn 1. On the other hand, it should not have been as big surprise, used to play GG's War in Russia years ago.

I think WitE interface is bit more "logical", but I just have to get used to different modes. This factory evecuation and air group transfers got me bit stymied yesterday, but today I got the latter one figured from re-reading manual. And of course thanks again for answering to my first dilemma.

(in reply to Cannonfodder)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Quick question about Soviet factory evacuation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI