Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Decisive Campaigns is awesome

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Decisive Campaigns is awesome Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Decisive Campaigns is awesome - 12/4/2011 5:24:36 AM   
sandman2575

Nothing profound here. I just really want to thank Victor and his colleagues for producing an *excellent* game in Decisive Campaigns - Warsaw to Paris. I bought it when it first came out, and kind of let it go for a long while after. I've recently started playing seriously again, and I am hooked in a way I have not been on a wargame in a very very long time. It's challenging without being overwhelming, just a marvelously inventive, carefully thought-out game from start to finish. It's also one of the best looking chit-shuffler/hex-based wargames I've ever played -- kudos for putting so much artistry and care into the visual presentation (it actually does make a difference).

I feel like I've played dozens of computer wargames where, playing as Germany, you just roll over Poland without even having to think about it. Decisive Campaigns really adds drama to this first great European operation of WW2 in a way I've never experienced. Yes Germany has heavy advantages, but where Victor and co. have succeeded brilliantly here is in creating a game where, even as the heavy favorites, if you don't husband your forces correctly, exploit weaknesses and openings properly, leverage your assets to best advantage, and have a clear idea of how you are going to complete your objectives, you can botch the whole thing!

Anyway, this game is a pure pleasure. People who are on the fence about buying it should just lay their skepticism aside, and buy it now especially during the Holiday Matrix sale. I'm looking forward to the further evolution of the game -- the expansion will be a first-day buy for me.

So, thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Decisive Campaigns is awesome - 12/4/2011 11:23:38 AM   
olivier34

+1 I share all of this !

(in reply to sandman2575)
Post #: 2
RE: Decisive Campaigns is awesome - 12/4/2011 11:51:45 AM   
Keunert

yes i support sandmans statement and i can say the same about Advanced Tactics Gold.
i hate to be one, but actually those games made me something like a VR Designs fanboy.

(in reply to olivier34)
Post #: 3
RE: Decisive Campaigns is awesome - 12/17/2011 9:29:16 PM   
LarryP

Which do you play more of. ATG or DC?

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 4
RE: Decisive Campaigns is awesome - 12/18/2011 10:51:14 AM   
Alan Sharif

I LOVE DC to and think Sandmans comments are spot on about Poland not being a walk over. I look forward to seeing many more games in this series.

A Sharif

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 5
RE: Decisive Campaigns is awesome - 12/18/2011 8:16:57 PM   
Keunert

I play more ATG. i love pbem and atg has tons of interesting scenarios for endless multiplayer fun. DC was great in pbem too. after beating the ai i had to realize that a capable human player is a much tougher nut to crack.

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 6
RE: Decisive Campaigns is awesome - 12/18/2011 8:53:46 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif

I LOVE DC to and think Sandmans comments are spot on about Poland not being a walk over. I look forward to seeing many more games in this series.

I beat Poland easier in AT. DC is much tougher for me beating Poland.

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Decisive Campaigns is awesome Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI