Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Editing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Unit Editing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Editing - 12/3/2011 2:32:22 PM   
ryarn22

How can you edit Units to beef up certain ones ?
Post #: 1
RE: Unit Editing - 12/3/2011 2:58:19 PM   
junk2drive

Inside the Data folder is a file Squads.csv. With a csv editor you can change the numbers. You should never change the files in your install but instead place them in your MyGames/BBCBA/Campaigns folder. To use it from there you would need to create a battle and then place this file in the new folder inside the Campaigns folder.

If you change files in your install you will
not be able to play multiplayer
the files may be overwritten by updates
may have errors that Slitherine cannot help you fix

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to ryarn22)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit Editing - 12/5/2011 11:13:40 PM   
ryarn22

I don't understand how you do that,i'm trying to manipulate the original campaigns not a created one

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit Editing - 12/6/2011 1:20:08 AM   
junk2drive

Go to this site

http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/software/software.htm

download uniCSVed and install

Find the Squads.csv located in the Data folder. Save a copy of this original somewhere safe like My Documents. Open this file with uniCSVed and view the units and values.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to ryarn22)
Post #: 4
RE: Unit Editing - 12/6/2011 9:42:30 AM   
Iain McNeil

The issue with editing the files in the main game folder is it will break multiplayer and you will not be able to play anyone. The server will detect you have modified files and prevent you playing against others. In addition every patch you get will overwrite your changes and revert to the defaults. This is why you should copy your data to a new campaign folder and modify it there. You can use an entire existing campaign like Bulge if you like as your mod, and then just put the modified squads file in that folder.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Unit Editing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI