Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No Longer Getting Detailed Character Traits/Skills [v.1.704]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> No Longer Getting Detailed Character Traits/Skills [v.1.704] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Longer Getting Detailed Character Traits/Skills [v.1... - 12/3/2011 4:32:52 AM   
RooksBailey

I think I might have found a new bug.

I noticed that midway through my last campaign (release version), that the detailed explanation of stats and skills that you get when you mouse over a character suddenly stopped working. Well, I just started a new campaign with the latest beta patch (v.1.704) and those mouse-over stats have yet to return for me.

< Message edited by RooksBailey -- 12/3/2011 4:33:02 AM >

My blog:
Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer!
Post #: 1
RE: No Longer Getting Detailed Character Traits/Skills ... - 12/3/2011 6:58:51 AM   
feelotraveller

I was having some problems with the characters tooltip. Turns out it was one of the settings on my system. Perhaps it is the same with you? Here is Elliot's post which led me to my problem.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's stopping the tooltips from working on your system

One idea: you could try checking the following registry setting using RegEdit (Start > Run > "RegEdit.exe")

Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\

There should be a value named "EnableBalloonTips" in the panel at the right, and it should be set to a value of 1

If it's set to 0 (zero), then change the value to 1 (double-click, type new value), exit RegEdit and restart your system.

I'm doubtful whether this will work - I think this only applies to Windows balloon tips in the notification area of your task-bar. But it's worth a try I suppose.

(in reply to RooksBailey)
Post #: 2
RE: No Longer Getting Detailed Character Traits/Skills ... - 12/3/2011 8:59:08 PM   
RooksBailey

Thanks for the tip!  I'll check!

EDIT: That did it! Thanks so much!

< Message edited by RooksBailey -- 12/3/2011 9:35:03 PM >

My blog:
Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer!

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 3
RE: No Longer Getting Detailed Character Traits/Skills ... - 12/5/2011 9:35:38 AM   
sbach2o

I still think it is a real problem, when a feature in application A (Distant Worlds) depends on a setting of application B (Windows Explorer).

Having to configure application B in a certain way, so that A works as expected is a work around, not a fix.

< Message edited by sbach2o -- 12/5/2011 9:36:30 AM >

(in reply to RooksBailey)
Post #: 4
RE: No Longer Getting Detailed Character Traits/Skills ... - 12/6/2011 9:21:34 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: sbach2o
I still think it is a real problem, when a feature in application A (Distant Worlds) depends on a setting of application B (Windows Explorer).

Having to configure application B in a certain way, so that A works as expected is a work around, not a fix.

If I controlled the Windows source code I'd definitely fix this

But unfortunately I don't, so we'll just have to live with another MS quirk here

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> No Longer Getting Detailed Character Traits/Skills [v.1.704] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI