Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy - 12/1/2011 10:36:34 PM   
Vincenzo Beretta

We are happy to announce that the COTECMAR offices in Cartagena, Colombia, invited Herman Hum, between December 3rd and 11th, 2011 to collaborate with the Naval Academy and help the Navy learn how to more proficiently utilize their commercial version of the Harpoon Advanced Naval Warfare v3.9.4 simulator.

This is actually the second collaboration with COTECMAR after last year’s positive experience. The first time we were allowed to inform only AGSI about our visit, but this time we got permission from the Colombian Navy to give news about the project.

A customized Colombian edition of the PlayersDB will be used for the simulation activities. Herman will be in Cartagena, working with COTECMAR, while I provide any needed logistic support from Italy. As well, MP Server support will be provided by Ryan Anderson in the USA.

I don’t know how much we will be at liberty to report about the project, but if we get permission to share interesting experiences after it is completed we will do so. Stay tuned!

Vince

FAQ
Harpoon for Dummies
Facebook

Post #: 1
RE: Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy - 12/1/2011 11:22:48 PM   
CapitanPiluso

Wow !! Congrats

One cornerstone of maritimal warfare:
Keep yourself near the lifeboat.
(Capt.Piluso)

(in reply to Vincenzo Beretta)
Post #: 2
RE: Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy - 12/2/2011 6:09:19 PM   
uncleharpoon

For the record, AGSI nor Matix has authorized this activity.

Don Gilman
AGSI
http://www.computerharpoon.com
http://www.h3milsim.com

(in reply to CapitanPiluso)
Post #: 3
RE: Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy - 12/2/2011 11:13:31 PM   
MartinB

I do consider it an honour for the developing company, the publisher and also and to a big part for all those fellow-pooners who provide people like me, who like to play Harpoon in all its facettes and across the db's without being knowledgeable enough to contribute with db-stuff or scenarios, with their highly appreciated work, the databases, their upgrades, and the numerous scenarios.
As we have seen in another recent thread the way Harpoon is heading or the speed that is applied by the developer to patch/upgrade and to finally walk the talk is a matter that might be of concern to AGSI, but why criticizing that their work is professional and elaborated enough to be used by the military? For me as a humble player its a big pat on the back for all mentioned above.
Thank you,

Martin

(in reply to uncleharpoon)
Post #: 4
RE: Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy - 12/3/2011 3:23:57 PM   
evaamo2

Dear Don, I think it is important if you could please clarify whether you really meant "AGSI/Matrix doesn't endorse" instead of "does not authorize" regarding this activity.

Semantics in this case do matter, as I could infer from your message that someone could be breaking the EULA or violating any other term of the license somehow by performing these kinds of activities without your authorization?

Just a quick FYI: I'm not involved in this activity nor I'm I affiliated in any way with Herman, but a group of "friends" and myself have had similar experiences in the past with other navies using the commercial version of ANW. I'm sure this has led to more sales, at least indirectly, of the HUE. It would be good to know if I should decline future invitations, should they happen of course, to avoid any particular violation of the license terms/EULA.

On the other hand, I would also love to obtain your feedback with regards of the other threads where many of your customers, myself included, are expecting some official response from AGSI to our dissatisfaction with the current state of the Harpoon Ultimate Edition.

Thank you,
best
-E

< Message edited by evaamo2 -- 12/3/2011 3:25:01 PM >

(in reply to MartinB)
Post #: 5
RE: Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy - 12/5/2011 2:12:36 AM   
uncleharpoon

For clarity and transparency I'm going to update my response, rather than edit it in place. 

AGSI (nor Matrix Games) did not give their blessing, did not provide any support, and did not knowingly participate in this alleged activity.   

If someone has a business proposal for us, please contact me via email to discuss it.  We are open to collaboration with the right people.

I think further discussion will be counterproductive.

Meanwhile, I'll spend my time working with Rusty on 3.11 Beta and Gunny on HUD3 v4.x.  More info on those developments back on our website:  http://www.advancedgaming.biz.

Don Gilman
AGSI
http://www.computerharpoon.com
http://www.h3milsim.com

(in reply to evaamo2)
Post #: 6
RE: Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy - 12/5/2011 6:45:45 AM   
Vincenzo Beretta

For clarity and transparency,

AGSI was a CC recipient and always aware of these events, both in 2010 and 2011, as proven by the personal e-mail acknowledgement from Don Gilman.

Having clarified that, I am surprised by the claim that these events are only "alleged" since you, along with Iain MacNeil and Marco Minoli of Slitherine and Erik Rutins of Matrix, all received a copy of the same notification as soon as permission was granted from Colombia. Since the contents were authorized for public release, I can attach a copy here, if you like.

(Speaking personally here, after last year positive experience, this time we asked permission to publicize our activity - because, we felt, it is a very positive thing that Harpoon ANW is being professionally used, and that the experience was deemed so good that it is being repeated )

I'm available for any other doubts you can have or you can contact any of the other parties involved.

Regards,

Vincenzo Beretta

FAQ
Harpoon for Dummies
Facebook

(in reply to uncleharpoon)
Post #: 7
RE: Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy - 8/14/2013 9:10:19 AM   
SLAMMR

quote:

South American Customer Inspires Playable GIS Maps!
South America and Texas, June 15, 2013

A friendly South American country has taken delivery of a six seat H3Milim license. As part of their customization work, Russell Sharp has implemented the capability to turn ESRI Shape file maps into playable coastlines. See the Wiki for more information. This is a H3 MilSim (H3 Pro) only feature of v3.11.

http://www.h3milsim.net/news/

(in reply to Vincenzo Beretta)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Harpoon ANW goes to visit the Colombian Navy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI