Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? - 12/1/2011 8:36:51 PM   
GeneralChaos

What does this show? I have made fleets and changed mission, posture, range, etc.
And still see nothing change on screen? I crazy/blind?

Can someone explain and/or post pics of what happens when ON and OFF? Thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? - 12/1/2011 8:40:43 PM   
ASHBERY76

Posture on the mini map just shows direction lines for military and commercial ships.

(in reply to GeneralChaos)
Post #: 2
RE: Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? - 12/1/2011 8:51:47 PM   
GeneralChaos

think you are wrong, thats the vector buttons to the right of the fleet posture button

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? - 12/1/2011 8:55:30 PM   
ASHBERY76

Oh yes.

Post #: 4
RE: Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? - 12/1/2011 8:57:25 PM   
Fideach

Fleet posture button will show you the systems you have fleets HQ'ed at and what targets are selected for them.
If you put a fleet on defensive stance, with a based selected for them, you will see a blue circle indicated the area they are defending. Speaking of which, the circle doesn't really show all the places they are defending, it is more of a visual clue to you that you have fleets on defensive stance there.
If you have targets selected for your fleets, in case of a war breaking out with whatever empire you have them targeted at, you will see a red dotted line.

Post #: 5
RE: Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? - 12/1/2011 8:59:03 PM   
Malevolence

fleet needs to be automated.  You need to set the home for defense (shows a blue circle--radius based on range set for fleet) or potential attack target for attack (shows a red dashed line going from fleet to target or a red circle -- radius based on range set for fleet)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

Take a look at the uploaded savegame "Solomani-Hegemony-2778-FLEET-SCHIZO.dwg"

Despite setting both attack posture and range at sector (with automation turned on), the 17th Fleet continued to fly back to its "Based At" location instead of attacking the targets around it at the ordered range.

This maybe WAD, however, in an expeditionary role a fleet may not be near a friendly colony to use as the center point of its attack posture/range setting. To make best use, the player needs to be able to assign an area of operations/theater that fits their operational (level of war) plan. Based at needs to be any anywhere given the player's use of the "Set Home Base" command button in the selection screen.

disregard, i kept hitting buttons and found if I used the attack target command/button I could set the center point of attack for range and not just command the fleet to attack the specific target.

grrr... if it doesn't find something to kill at the target, it resets to attack any targets, heads back to its based at, and doesn't stay put.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 12/1/2011 9:02:59 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 6
RE: Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? - 12/1/2011 8:59:11 PM   
MasterChief

IIRC I did notice that only my fleets set for "attack" and set to at larger response ranges (nearest system or sector) actualy showed a blue hatched circle (I was humen). My fleets set for defense did to show an over lay.

Post #: 7
RE: Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? - 12/1/2011 9:54:00 PM   
GeneralChaos

Ok, I got the blue circles! Thanks again.

(in reply to MasterChief)
Post #: 8
RE: Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? - 12/2/2011 12:21:17 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

Actually, only your ships set to defend will show the blue circles, and it'll be a small blue circle for "Defend Nearby Systems" or a big one for "Defend Sector."

I've never seen "attack" fleet posture (not a vector line) represented on the map. Not sure if its even supposed to.

Post #: 9
RE: Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? - 12/2/2011 4:02:10 AM   
MasterChief

yeah I might have got the two mixed up. Thanks GC.

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Show Fleet Posture MiniMap Button? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI