New DW: Legends v1.7.0.3 Public Beta Available!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Andrew Loveridge

New DW: Legends v1.7.0.3 Public Beta Available!

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello All,

There is a new version of the Public Beta in the Members Club. It fixes many reported issues, including performance, colonizing when at war, and Hive-Mind government affinities. All listed below, with links to the previous update changes. We hope to make this an official update next week.

Please give it a try if you are interested and give us your feed back on these changes.

v1.0.7.3 Beta - December 1, 2011
  • Improved game performance.
  • Enabled colonizing planets and moons in enemy territory when at war.
  • Fixed issue where multi-selected ships assigned to refuel using the Action
    button would travel to top-left corner of galaxy.
  • Fixed bug were rail guns were not bombarding colonies.
  • Altered government affinities for HiveMind government type.
  • Added extra logging for crash diagnosis.
  • Fixed display of engine thrusters on a few additional ship images.
1.7.0.1 Changes
1.7.0.2 Changes
Whydmer

RE: New DW: Legends v1.7.0.3 Public Beta Available!

Post by Whydmer »

Downloaded just fine thank you very much!
Farrels

Post by Farrels »

nice one [:)]
Whydmer

Post by Whydmer »

This could be good... or it could be trouble....

Started a new game in 1.0.7.3.  I'm human (and I am playing the humans too in the game [;)]) and I am exploring my starting system and I have a Dhayut independent colony on a desert moon in my starting system. [:)]
Webbco

Post by Webbco »

Excellent news, esp the lag issue. Thanks guys [8D]
Sylian

Post by Sylian »

Excellent support for this games so far! Thank you!

Since 1.7.0.2. my mouse cursor is flickering in the research window. Seems the " mouse cursor fix" broke it for me.
Not sure what further info you need.

regards
Dinosaurs were made up by the CIA to discourage time travel.
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

Hey Sylian, I think Eliott is looking into the mouse thing.  I had bad problems before 1.7.0.2, most of which were fixed, but after 1.7.0.2 I have the same issue as you, but thank god all the flickering I was getting in the main game window is now gone!
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

It seems like lag is indeed gone. The game is not ultra smooth when zooming etc, but no major issues. Also major battle gives some not unreasonable stutter.
Sylian

Post by Sylian »

Well in 1.7.0.0 everything was fine for me.
Anyway, I justed wanted to report it. It will get fixed sooner or later and for now i can live with a little flickering while choosing a research project.
Its more like a feature conveying my thoughts to the screen...
should i research this, or maybe something else? Aaaaargh, i don't know [:D]
Dinosaurs were made up by the CIA to discourage time travel.
Baleur

Post by Baleur »

Will this fix the lag in 1.7.0.1 or 1.7.0.2 savegames if loaded in 1.7.0.3?
*tries anyway*
mikeCK

Post by mikeCK »

As above....save game compatable?
Kal Naar

Post by Kal Naar »

Much better performance with the new patch.
adamsolo

Post by adamsolo »

ORIGINAL: Kal Naar

Much better performance with the new patch.
Than 1.7.0.0 or 1.7.0.2?
SpaceSector.com
Your source for Space & Sci-Fi Strategy Games
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

Better than both. Kudos to Cordeforce, another good patch!
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

This is the first time that I have had a chance to look this over and start the modding work in earnest.
All I can say is: WOW.
This was a major change and a lot of work.
Thank you!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Locarnus

Post by Locarnus »

I have a major issue with fleet/ship control.

I dont know whether this was present in the previous betas.

My manual commands are overwritten all the time.
I have a ship in an enemy (pirate) system. It has 1 damaged component. When the shields were down, it refused to obey my commands. I send it to repair and refuel. It tried to escape, but didnt use the hyperdrive! It was impossible to issue commands from there on. They were always overwritten with the stupid escapce without using hyperdrive.

Previously it always wanted to attack the pirates bases in that system. It was impossible to order it out of the system. Within seconds all orders were overwritten with the attack order.

If I give the command to refuel/repair, escape or move somewhere else, those commands cant be overwritten by the ai.

Now I have a massive ships (800 firepower, full 1300 shields) in an enemy system, moving along with speed 10, escaping some mini pirate frigate and I cant issue any orders to it. [:@]

edit: I have now deleted that enemy frigate. My ship now tries to flee (of course without using the hyperdrive) from the carcass of an enemy destroyer, which has no energy and no engines anymore. This is ridiculous. [:@]
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: Locarnus

I have a major issue with fleet/ship control.
I dont know whether this was present in the previous betas.

My manual commands are overwritten all the time.
I have a ship in an enemy (pirate) system. It has 1 damaged component. When the shields were down, it refused to obey my commands. I send it to repair and refuel. It tried to escape, but didnt use the hyperdrive! It was impossible to issue commands from there on. They were always overwritten with the stupid escapce without using hyperdrive.

Previously it always wanted to attack the pirates bases in that system. It was impossible to order it out of the system. Within seconds all orders were overwritten with the attack order.

If I give the command to refuel/repair, escape or move somewhere else, those commands cant be overwritten by the ai.

Now I have a massive ships (800 firepower, full 1300 shields) in an enemy system, moving along with speed 10, escaping some mini pirate frigate and I cant issue any orders to it. [:@]

edit: I have now deleted that enemy frigate. My ship now tries to flee (of course without using the hyperdrive) from the carcass of an enemy destroyer, which has no energy and no engines anymore. This is ridiculous. [:@]

Yes, I want some ship to make the jump to hyperspace, and if it would have done it, my ships would survive, but they continue to run sublight, and are then destroyed. This is especially true when I have a ship that has a good lead on a Kaltor... the smartest thing it could do is make the jump, but the Kaltor eats up the distance -- being faster then my ship, and then eats up my ship...
I do not know if this is by design or not...
I have a similar problem... I could see them refusing to turn and fight, but I cannot get them to make the jump into hyperspace when they are in jeopardy.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

Will test this out extensively on sunday. Got some business to take care of on weekend.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
Litjan

Post by Litjan »

Did you check if they have enough time to initiate the jump? Usually the first tech hyperspace drives need a fairly long time while running at standard speed (not sprint!) while initiating the jump. So it looks like they are "just" running away, when in fact the navigational computer is solving the complex math behind 5-dimensional physics [:D]

Jan
Brynder

Post by Brynder »

Same problem with the escaping here. Ships getting eaten up by big huge game in space.
SIGINT

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”