Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I have question for Modders.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> I have question for Modders. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I have question for Modders. - 11/30/2011 10:57:19 AM   
GBS

I am not a modder but, is there anyway to mod the print color on the maps? I can't read the black on the brown and green backgrounds, especially the smaller print. I think white or some shade of yellow would show up much better. Perhaps this has been done and I missed it. I shouldn't be the only one having trouble with this. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: I have question for Modders. - 12/1/2011 7:10:23 PM   
sweeteye

I have never noticed a way to do this but have wondered.I think all that can be done is change the size of the text.I know I have made the mistake of using too small of text on maps.

Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 2
RE: I have question for Modders. - 12/1/2011 10:33:44 PM   
Arjuna

It's been a long time since I used the text edit feature in the MapMaker. So I had to take another look at it. Sweeteye is right you can edit the font, style and point size but not the colour. I'll add that to our wish list but can't promis when we'll get to it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to sweeteye)
Post #: 3
RE: I have question for Modders. - 12/1/2011 11:54:33 PM   
SeinfeldRules

You can change the color of the text by editing the graphics files yourself. Go to the Command Ops folder -> Graphics -> Maps -> Default and chose normal or one of the others and open up the MapPat file in paint. 7 rows up from the bottom will be a row with just black. Each tile in the row represents a different zoom level. Change the tiles to whatever color you want and save. Load up a map (make sure you choose a scenario that reflects the proper terrain state, ie if you changed the Snow MapPat you need a scenario with snow) and you should see the changes. Unfortunately, the railroad color and bridge color will also be changed, which you may not want. Hope this helps.

< Message edited by SeinfeldRules -- 12/2/2011 1:33:12 AM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> I have question for Modders. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI