Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager will be launching on SteamCome and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Guerrilla effects? ....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Guerrilla effects? .... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Guerrilla effects? .... - 11/30/2011 10:06:13 AM   
burroughs

Once again - gentelmen, what are actuall those above-mentioned "guerrilla effects" that are suppossed to kick in in certain scenarios? I know that for instance in a WWII East Front scenario it's good to have some friendly assets in the enemy backyard to harrass his rear, strike at the communication and supply lines, draw regular forces from elsewhere along the frontline or just keep them diverting and tied up - but that's all basically about moving around, blowing bridges and blocking MSRs ( as far as I know a guerrilla status makes a unit unable to convert a posession of a certain hex to a friendly pacified one ... )then popping up here and there to unnerve the enemy and avoid direct fight with superior enemy numbers and firepower. Is that all? Am I missing something again or just made some regress instead?

As usual - advise please.
Post #: 1
RE: Guerrilla effects? .... - 12/1/2011 7:17:38 AM   
sPzAbt653

A 'Guerrilla Effect' can be obtained by using an event which causes hexes in enemy territory to become friendly.

Guerrilla Units can arrive in enemy territory. They need no supply line and get at least 'normal' supply. They convert hexes that they occupy if another unit is selected before leaving that hex. They can move thru enemy zones of control without suffering disengagement attacks. They attack and defend at double strength if in a hex that was enemy owned at the beginning of the turn.

I think that is it. You can use the Game Manual pdf to search for things like this. Its quite easy.

(in reply to burroughs)
Post #: 2
RE: Guerrilla effects? .... - 12/1/2011 3:08:37 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Witam Kamerad Pułkownik,

see the document about the topic in question:

http://thetoawbeachhead.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/guerilla-warfare-in-toaw.pdf

Author: Mark Dobbs

Klink, Oberst

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to burroughs)
Post #: 3
RE: Guerrilla effects? .... - 12/4/2011 11:16:43 AM   
burroughs

Salaam bat'ia!

Many a thanks, that was exactly what I sought for, an insight which goes,a way or just a bit, but still further that the manual itself. Ain't wargaming community great?

Two things:

1. I am not a native speaker of English so I do what I can; somethimes rephrasing or paraphrasing something makes it a wholly different matter to me.

2. Technically speaking, it's easy to play the AI, but for some reason every serious wargamer turns to human opponents at some point,eh? That is the same thing with my posting at the forums rather to discuss certain subjects with others than have the manual as a recuring phenomenon each time. I know it's easy , I even happen to have a copy on my tablet and carry that everywhere I go to browse it a little if the opportunity arises.

Having said that I can promise that I shall be back here shortly!

< Message edited by burroughs -- 12/4/2011 12:50:36 PM >

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 4
RE: Guerrilla effects? .... - 12/4/2011 3:25:36 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: burroughs

Salaam bat'ia!

Many a thanks, that was exactly what I sought for, an insight which goes,a way or just a bit, but still further that the manual itself. Ain't wargaming community great?

Two things:

1. I am not a native speaker of English so I do what I can; somethimes rephrasing or paraphrasing something makes it a wholly different matter to me.

2. Technically speaking, it's easy to play the AI, but for some reason every serious wargamer turns to human opponents at some point,eh? That is the same thing with my posting at the forums rather to discuss certain subjects with others than have the manual as a recuring phenomenon each time. I know it's easy , I even happen to have a copy on my tablet and carry that everywhere I go to browse it a little if the opportunity arises.

Having said that I can promise that I shall be back here shortly!

1. Neither am I, but I am afraid my Polish is not as good as my Russian or English.

2. IF you insist about Partisans etc. and you're interested; I can modify my Tutorial '41 scenarion for a Partisan and Anti-Partisan tutorial.

Klink, Oberst

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to burroughs)
Post #: 5
RE: Guerrilla effects? .... - 12/4/2011 5:09:08 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

I am not a native speaker of English so I do what I can ...

No worries, we can figure out what you are saying. Send us some Kruschiki's and we will be best friends!

(in reply to burroughs)
Post #: 6
RE: Guerrilla effects? .... - 12/5/2011 10:06:02 AM   
burroughs

Dunno what those "Kruschiki's" are supposed to be, but what I am figuring out is that You have just been helluva cheeky fellow so I challenge You - pick a scenario and I'll pick the sides or the other way round so I could settle the score with You and get even.

Ready when You are.No nachos nor tacos necessary; regarding burritos - my ex-wife offered some lately.

"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 7
RE: Guerrilla effects? .... - 12/5/2011 2:18:06 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

Dunno what those "Kruschiki's" are ...

aka Bow Ties, Grandma Nadolny used to make them in mom's kitchen, what a treat. It seems they may be an 'old school' handed down talent to make, so you might have to find an old bakery over there to have a chance at finding them.

Sorry, but I don't have time for pbem's. In case you need proof, here is a list of scenarios I am working on: Lebensraum, D21 (mostly done but needs to be playtested for inclusion with 3.5), D41, and a couple scenarios for a Fire in the West series. All monsters and all take time. I should also play Autumn Fog a few more times as some players found holes when playing against Elmer. Adjustments were made but I have yet to try it out.

(in reply to burroughs)
Post #: 8
RE: Guerrilla effects? .... - 12/5/2011 4:34:05 PM   
burroughs

Allright then, I thereby accept Your formal surrender and express my utter feeleing of relief as might get beaten beyond recognition first time ever( They say there has to be that first time finally, but I refuse to yield to that ... )The community needs new and improved old scenarios so that thing has an absolute priority, I do agree entirely.

... and yes I am also overburdened with simultaneous PBEMs because of my aggressive wargaming stance.In case You need proof here's the list of the ones I am playing now with the sides taken responsibility of:

Ardennes: OKW

the Custer campaign: Federal Army

Nijmegen: XXXth Corps

operation Plunder - Varsity: XXXth Corps

Campaign for North Africa '40 -'43: Commonwealth

Petsamo - Kirkenes '44; STAVKA

Falotti's the Great War 1914 - 18: Central Powers

Kharkov '43 - STAVKA

Vietnam 1965 - 68: NLF / PAVN

Waters of the Dneper '41 - HG Sud

Kashmir '99 - India

Mons 1914 - BEF

Indopak- Afghanistan War; NATO forces

African Campaign - Desert Rats

4th Strategic Attack - STAVKA

WWIII: Arctic Front - 14th Army

operation "Weserubung" - OKW

Ain't that training on the job all the way here?

< Message edited by burroughs -- 12/5/2011 4:35:52 PM >

"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Guerrilla effects? .... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI