Malmedy

Post new mods and scenarios here.
laska2k8

Malmedy

Post by laska2k8 »

01/12/2011 ver. 1.2

first created scenario, is a transposition of "Skorzeny's Bid for Glory" Battle for the Bulge scenario.

I need someone to test it, feel free to post tips and corrections.

Malmedy detail

OOB

see attached links

01/12 version 1.2 changes

- added soft ground / limited visibility
- tweaked German tank/AT, American AT (less AT power)
- corrected limited supply and out of command issues
- German SS icon
Attachments
Malmedy_1.2.zip
(2.8 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
Fred98

RE: Malmedy

Post by Fred98 »

I'll try it after work today.

Joe

PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

Thanks for putting this up. I'd been thinking that porting maps from Battles from the Bulge would be interesting. How long did this take you to set up?

Just started playing through the map. Did notice you've got a couple of units starting on limited supply; waiting for their HQ to turn up - assume that's intentional. Also spotted at least one unit at 100% quality. Actually a lot of the units have relatively high quality values - is there some reasoning behind that? For example are you going for increasing the chance of direct fire hits? Also like the use of the couple of blocking units - you know they are going to get pulverised but how long will they slow things down for other units to get in place?

Cheers
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
laska2k8

Post by laska2k8 »

thanks for the feedback.It's nearly unbelieveble but this scenario creation took me 2 hours to complete, the editor is easy to use (with some tweaks could be easier) and the game have a limited number of feature (I wish some more terrain types), Panther Games scenarios use a 1 km square scale and CCME 1/2 km hex.

Actually a lot of the units have relatively high quality values

Most of allies units are veteran, but there's a relevant number of 'crack' companies. BFTB has a lot of details for a single unit, I'll do some more work on it, some units seems to be stronger in CCME.
Also like the use of the couple of blocking units - you know they are going to get pulverised but how long will they slow things down for other units to get in place?

I tried to use the same units in the same place accordingly to the original scenario.

A new update is on the way (also some scenarios from HTTR and COTA).
version 1.2 added (see first post)

Addenum from BFTB briefing
Historically the attack on Malmedy was a disaster for Panzer Brigade 150. This scenario assumes that elements of Kampfgruppe Kuhlmann of 12SS Panzer Division have bypassed Dom. Bütgenbach to the south and are brought forward to assist Skorzeny.
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
tombo

Post by tombo »

laska...any new update?

thanks for SCN
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I have now played the scenario from both sides against an AI opponent.

Playing as the US I got an easy decisive victory.

Playing as the Germans I got a more difficult decisive victory.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”