Partisan settings

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Schattensand

Partisan settings

Post by Schattensand »

More and more I learn about the game, but the better I care for rr repair (u[&:]sing the AGs to lure the repair teams where I want them to work) , the better I care for towns, none will be a single moment without a garrison above 100 %, the more I learn about this aspect of the game the more partisans show up. Lately in September 41.
I am fed up with this. If there is no good play style that prevents me from being harrassed by partisans in summer 41, I simply want to know where the settings are to find to adjust that balagan.
I am only playing AI so I should have that choice, right?
freeboy

RE: Partisan settings

Post by freeboy »

something likek or shift k shows cities held.. red means they are not garrisoned well enough and P numbers go up, blue means you are addiquately suppressing the commies and P numbers go down, I have not see many P at all and religiously maintian cities in the "blue" hint, use securty force and minor allies as garrison troops...
"Tanks forward"
Schmart

Post by Schmart »

You still need to hunt down the on-map Partisan units, otherwise they don't go away and keep growing and blowing up rail lines. Any combat unit will do, and you just need to move adjacent to the Partisan unit and it will die.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

well thats a given.. but I have little problem coveringthe map with a net of weaker units that seldom need to moe  weak partisons equal happy me![X(]
"Tanks forward"
Schattensand

Post by Schattensand »

That is all no answer to my question.
Where do I find the settings for partisans in the data to alter values?
Schmart

Post by Schmart »

There are no Partisan 'settings' to adjust, unless maybe in the scenario editor.

I think you may not be managing the partisan situation correctly, as I have no problem minimizing partisans when I play Axis. You can never eliminate them, but you can at least reduce them to a minor nuissance as opposed to a critical situation.
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

You could try to delete them in the editor. However I have no idea what happens then. 
sj80

Post by sj80 »

Automatic rail repair units (Const. Bn) are providing some help against the effects of partisan attacks because with their help you can get much earlier a depth rail network with double rail routes. If one rail route is hit by a partisan attack then your soldiers will still receive supplies and fuel.
If you are playing with the option "Lock HQ Support" then AGN and AGC will only have 1 Const. Bn at the start. It is necessary to add much more Const. Bn units to both Army Groups. I think 10 is a good Value for every Army Group.
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

Here are a few ideas:

Make your garrisons Sec Divisions or OKH divisions in the north, and Allies in the south. The German divisions can break into regiments, rail or move out to the Partisans and move back. You will find that partisans recreate near where they died, so I tend to leave the Allies and regiments on a rail near where they fought, as long as cities stay "blue" ( Shift K). Eventually you have a grid of anti-partisan troops optimized for reaction. You will start killing partisans faster than they can be created by Russian air supply. Some turns in 42 will go by with no partisan activity.
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

There are a lot of units used in ant partisan role - nasty SS Police guys mainly ... Missing from the OOB .

I have not played the game enough but observe for a simulation so rich in detail the parisan aspect of the game which could be very interesting is a bit abstract.

cav
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

For your information, partisan units do not "die".. they take losses, displace and could be ready to strike the next turn..
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
Schattensand

Post by Schattensand »

I have converted most of rail net now (Jan42) and partisan activity is no more a real thread for me now.
When I started this issue in summer 41 a single partisan action was delaying my building capacity for 1-2 weeks for that specific rrline.
But as someone else wrote that was a single unfortunate event that didn`t show up again with that consequence.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”