legends not starting after 1701 beta patch install

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

russellmc

legends not starting after 1701 beta patch install

Post by russellmc »

Purchased and installed last night DW, ROTS, and Legends (in that order). All worked well until I installed beta patch 1701 today. Now I get program stopped working from the initial play distant worlds - legends window.

When trying to reinstall the patch I noticed not to install if I had ROTS installed as the patch would not work.

I must be missing something as I noticed others have installed the Legends patch (I assume with ROTS installed).

Must I now uninstall and reinstall as before minus the new beta patch?

Thanks,

I am a long time TOAW series guy that just by happenstance ran across this interesting game yesterday and was struck by all the positive activity here in the forum regarding Distant Worlds.

Any help is appreciated.

Russell Mc
Erie, PA USA
Mysterius

RE: legends not starting after 1701 beta patch install

Post by Mysterius »

That is strange. I actually have the beta patch installed and it works like a charm.

I think that, yes, your best bet is to reinstall everything (it doesn't take long if you still have the installers).
"Bigamy is when you have two wives, monotony is when you only have one." - Pierre Desproges
russellmc

Post by russellmc »

I uninstalled and reinstalled, this time installing RotS update 1508 as well.  Legends installed version 1700 and operates fine.  When attempting to install Legends beta 1701 the following message appears, "Setup has detected you have Distant Worlds Return of the Shakturi installed.  Distant Worlds update 1.7.0.1 will not work properly with the Return of the Shakturi Expansion installed.  If this is correct please click Cancel."

I canceled out because it is correct.

I presume Mysterius you don't have RotS installed?

Thanks.

russellmc

Post by russellmc »

Sorry for the interruption folks - operator error.

All is well now.
Andrew Loveridge

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

It sounds like you are trying to install the v1.0.7.1 for Distant Worlds Patch, and not the Beta Patch v1.7.0.1 for DW Legends.  You need Return of the Shakturi to run Legends, so it has to be installed to install Legends.  Please make sure you are using the correct patch:  Public Beta v1.7.0.1 for Distant Worlds - Legends.

not quick enough [;)]
Andrew Loveridge

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Glad it is working for you now! [:)]
russellmc

Post by russellmc »

I was hoping to fade off quietly into some distant world's sunset with this. You hit it right on the head - ouch!

[:)] [:)][X(]

Return to “Tech Support”