Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Troop General killed by own troops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Troop General killed by own troops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Troop General killed by own troops - 11/27/2011 9:38:46 PM   
Sithuk

I invaded a world with my general leading the troops. I loaded the troops and moved onto the next world. Didn't realise I had to manually load the general too through the character screen.

I moved my transports to one of my worlds near my next target. I think the general was in transit to the staging world. Somehow I lost the staging world to the enemy. The general appeared on the surface of the planet.... after the enemy had conquered it. When I re-took the world I killed my own general.

Bug?
Post #: 1
RE: Troop General killed by own troops - 11/27/2011 9:40:40 PM   
Nedrear

He clearly deserted you!

A little joke. As much as this feature "helpless general rather defects than die alone" comes into mind for illoyal races I guess it was not intended.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 2
RE: Troop General killed by own troops - 11/27/2011 10:10:27 PM   
Kayoz

Is it possible to reassign him while the colony is controlled by another?

In-transit characters should be reassigned to the capital by default, should their assigned destination not be possible (due to destruction, loss, etc).

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 3
RE: Troop General killed by own troops - 11/27/2011 11:46:19 PM   
tjhkkr

Not to make light of you question: but, when I first opened this thread, I thought you were going to tell us that your troops 'fragged your general' which would have been an interesting random event to have come up...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 4
RE: Troop General killed by own troops - 11/28/2011 1:39:35 PM   
Okim

I`ve killed my general by bombardment. That was an incident! :)

NEVER equip your transports with bombardment weapons and give them bombardment order. They will drop your troops after the first bombing salvo and continue to bombard already invaded world killing your troops as well. (BTW i think this is an overlook or even bug).

It would be great to have a smart bomb techy that will drastically reduce the chances of friendly fire during bombardment, just a though.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 5
RE: Troop General killed by own troops - 11/28/2011 4:40:21 PM   
Data

+1 to that, good idea...aside from that, I really appreciate the realism of having your own troops bombarded; history knows of many such incidents.
Obviously, the weapons of the future.....can be just as dumb

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 6
RE: Troop General killed by own troops - 11/28/2011 4:46:24 PM   
Cauldyth

On a related note, playing as the Ketarovs, I get occasional events where my spy agency has identified one of my generals or admirals as "disloyal" and promptly takes him in for questioning (effectively removing him from the game). Nice touch! I assume it's a new race-specific "Stalinist purge" event for the Ketarovs.

It seems to have quieted down lately though, so I guess my remaining generals and admirals know to mind their own business.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 7
RE: Troop General killed by own troops - 11/28/2011 6:31:28 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

On a related note, playing as the Ketarovs, I get occasional events where my spy agency has identified one of my generals or admirals as "disloyal" and promptly takes him in for questioning (effectively removing him from the game). Nice touch! I assume it's a new race-specific "Stalinist purge" event for the Ketarovs.

It seems to have quieted down lately though, so I guess my remaining generals and admirals know to mind their own business.

It's quite possible that the character in question unfortunately randomly received/earned either the
infamous 'Foreign Spy' or 'Double Agent' trait. Which, if you have an Intelligence Agent whose trait
in CounterIntellegence is high enough, would catch just as well as an off-world alien spy trying to
infiltrate.

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 8
RE: Troop General killed by own troops - 11/29/2011 5:36:48 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sithuk
I invaded a world with my general leading the troops. I loaded the troops and moved onto the next world. Didn't realise I had to manually load the general too through the character screen.

I moved my transports to one of my worlds near my next target. I think the general was in transit to the staging world. Somehow I lost the staging world to the enemy. The general appeared on the surface of the planet.... after the enemy had conquered it. When I re-took the world I killed my own general.

Thanks for the report. This is fixed in the next update (1.7.0.2). Characters will cancel transfer to a new destination when that colony changes ownership (e.g. invaded)

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Troop General killed by own troops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI