Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Before I do something stupid, a little help if you please ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Before I do something stupid, a little help if you please ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Before I do something stupid, a little help if you plea... - 11/26/2011 9:35:09 PM   
pws1225

I am involved in my first PBEM as Japan and we are up to Mar 29, 1942 (Recent Beta, Scen 1, PDU = On, Realistic R&D = On). I have an A/C factory doing R&D on the KI-49 Ia Helen which is scheduled to become available in April 42. If I understand correctly, I need to switch this factory to research another airframe before the end of March or else the factory will automatically begin producing the KI-49 Ia on April 1st. Do I have this right? Is there something else I am not considering that should be taken into account? All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Paul
Post #: 1
RE: Before I do something stupid, a little help if you ... - 11/26/2011 10:32:03 PM   
Mike Solli

You are correct. With realistic R&D on, once an R&D factory begins producing operational aircraft, it can no longer be used for R&D. That's a decision you have to make. I recommend that if you do not want it to produce operational aircraft, upgrade it to the next model of that aircraft. I believe that it will not incur any damage. If I'm incorrect about that, I'm sure someone will chime in.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2
RE: Before I do something stupid, a little help if you ... - 11/27/2011 2:24:18 AM   
bigred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

You are correct. With realistic R&D on, once an R&D factory begins producing operational aircraft, it can no longer be used for R&D. That's a decision you have to make. I recommend that if you do not want it to produce operational aircraft, upgrade it to the next model of that aircraft. I believe that it will not incur any damage. If I'm incorrect about that, I'm sure someone will chime in.

I believe mike is correct concerning an advanced version of the Ki49. I have found it possible to let the factory make a few planes and you can still convert it to the next the next version of the development tree at 100 point cost per R/D point per day. Say you were to produce 30 planes a month of the ki49a. If you convert the factory to the ki49b then the repair cost will be 100 supply points per factory research point. And the factory will repair at a rate of 1 per day.

However, if you change the ki49a factory to another plane R/D type outside of the development tree then the repair rate is very slow as well as the research rate being slow.

< Message edited by bigred -- 11/27/2011 2:25:49 AM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 3
RE: Before I do something stupid, a little help if you ... - 11/27/2011 2:42:44 PM   
pws1225

Got it. Many Thanks!

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Before I do something stupid, a little help if you please ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI