Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Character Diplomacy...what does it do?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Character Diplomacy...what does it do? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Character Diplomacy...what does it do? - 11/26/2011 8:08:23 PM   
soilwork595

I couldn't find a definite answer, but what exactly does the Diplomacy trait mean on your Ambassador? I would think it means better negotiating skills in which more deals go your way. I don't know what other factors it may have. Maybe they cause better relations between your race?

Another thing, does the Diplomacy, or any other trait, only factor in for the race the Ambassador is currently at?
Post #: 1
RE: Character Diplomacy...what does it do? - 11/26/2011 9:05:53 PM   
James009

I believe it's an overall improvement in your foreign relations. For example, I leave my best ambassador (+55% diplomacy) with a race and, in time, they're giving me money and offering treaties. I think they just generally improve relations and, probably, decrease xenophobia.

(in reply to soilwork595)
Post #: 2
RE: Character Diplomacy...what does it do? - 11/26/2011 10:09:34 PM   
ehsumrell1

Good answer James! In addition, I also believe that if the colony world where the diplomatic alien
ambassador is stationed has a Colony Governor that just happens to have a diplomacy skill or trait
also, the effects are cumulative between those races as well.

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to James009)
Post #: 3
RE: Character Diplomacy...what does it do? - 11/26/2011 11:44:00 PM   
ASHBERY76

It would be nice to actaully know the facts about this.There needs to be better documentation about traits.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 4
RE: Character Diplomacy...what does it do? - 11/27/2011 12:59:40 AM   
bigbaba

quote:

ORIGINAL: James009

I believe it's an overall improvement in your foreign relations. For example, I leave my best ambassador (+55% diplomacy) with a race and, in time, they're giving me money and offering treaties. I think they just generally improve relations and, probably, decrease xenophobia.

i would think the same.

in my game i had a critical time to survive which i needed to retrofit my fleet to a new and more powerfull desing. my neighbour wa sa very aggressive dehayut empire with a more advanced fleet then me and they were realy close to start a war against me. so i sent my ambassador to them and bought me some time to complete my fleet. the + diplomacy skill of the ambassador improved my relationship with them significantly.

(in reply to James009)
Post #: 5
RE: Character Diplomacy...what does it do? - 11/27/2011 4:43:16 AM   
feelotraveller

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

It would be nice to actaully know the facts about this.There needs to be better documentation about traits.

The Galactopedia refers us to the upcoming 'Modders Guide' for an explanation of the traits.

I'm guessing Elliot's pretty busy right about now.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 6
RE: Character Diplomacy...what does it do? - 11/27/2011 6:09:33 AM   
soilwork595

very good responses, thanks all :)

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 7
RE: Character Diplomacy...what does it do? - 11/27/2011 9:27:05 AM   
Data

I'm not sure when Elliot is not pretty busy. The longer the silence the better the expansion so I'm all for it

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to soilwork595)
Post #: 8
RE: Character Diplomacy...what does it do? - 11/28/2011 12:46:12 PM   
Okim

Actually was going to ask the same Q as topic starter. I have a +55% diplo human ambassador at doggies homeworld, but i don`t see much difference between my character modded relationship with doggies and unmodded relations with Seccurans - both are >50).

And on medium difficulty every race i encountered tried to be my best friend by spamming me with rights, resources and monetary gifts. Even dayhut and gizzi races send me 20000 gifts from time to time.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 9
RE: Character Diplomacy...what does it do? - 11/28/2011 3:55:18 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

The AI gift-giving seems to be part of its new long-term thinking process. Sometimes it feels like its plans are obvious, but only when it is being obviously friendly. The subtle-snealy-kill-you ones are actually pretty hard to detect. Been game-over'd by an Ackdarian sneak-attack and a Boskaran trans-cluster-shock-and-awe-and-you-just-lost-six-colonies campaign.

I'm pretty impressed.

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Character Diplomacy...what does it do? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI