Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just bought the game and having problems...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Just bought the game and having problems... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just bought the game and having problems... - 11/26/2011 3:25:23 PM   
rtrapasso

i just bought all three parts of the game (DW, ROTS and Legends) and installed them last night... then i found an update this morning for ROTS and installed that... i think that might be the problem, but before i do something drastic like deinstalling, etc. i thought i'd check here first.

Problem 1: even though i say to start LEGENDS, it seems not to be doing that. No indication of influence, and the only characters that show up are intel agents (no leader, no ambassador, and no indication about how often my race should generate them.)

Problem 2: Any way to turn off the long intro sequences? In other Matrix games, i could hit the escape key and skip through them, but this does not seem to be the case here.

Thanks in advance...
Post #: 1
RE: Just bought the game and having problems... - 11/26/2011 3:33:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

Installing the update for Return of the Shakturi on top of Legends is definitely the problem.

Please uninstall and reinstall in the following order:

1. Install Distant Worlds
2. Install Return of the Shakturi
3. Update Return of the Shakturi
4. Install Legends
5. Update Legends (Optional)

Left-clicking or hitting Escape should skip the intro video.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 2
RE: Just bought the game and having problems... - 11/26/2011 3:35:39 PM   
rtrapasso

Thanks for the quick reply!

In the future then, should i ignore any updates to RoTS, or should we deinstall, reinstall each time for the updates??

EDIT: ESCAPE key won't skip the intro with my machine for some reason, but left click does... is there a way to modify the .EXE option tags to skip (such as in WITP)?

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 11/26/2011 3:37:26 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Just bought the game and having problems... - 11/26/2011 4:03:27 PM   
WoodMan

Hey rt,

Once you have Legends up and running you should never need to worry about updating RotS or DW again.  Even when the new RotS patch comes out, you don't want to install it, it is for people who do not have Legends. 

In other words only update the newest installment of the series you have installed (Legends in your case).

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4
RE: Just bought the game and having problems... - 11/26/2011 6:01:09 PM   
rtrapasso

Thanks!!!

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Just bought the game and having problems... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI