Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Invisible units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Invisible units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invisible units - 11/24/2011 10:31:18 PM   
bcallico5

New patch installed. When I start a game all my units are invisible. Enemy is visible. I have tried all the settings on the recon button with no effect. When I fast forward the battle I hear battle sounds but I can't see units. Anyone else have this problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Invisible units - 11/24/2011 10:39:49 PM   
vandorenp

Better than my experience. I can't get the download to run.

Keydet

(in reply to bcallico5)
Post #: 2
RE: Invisible units - 11/25/2011 1:35:23 AM   
wodin

Are you sure you have all units tab on?

(in reply to vandorenp)
Post #: 3
RE: Invisible units - 11/25/2011 2:58:31 AM   
Lieste

One of the smaller buttons to the right of the recon options controls the display of units (along with others for grid-lines, objectives, dead-pile)
You also have 'filters' that will only display certain unit types (corresponding to number keys - 1 for all), this is the left hand 'large tab' on the bottom of the map window.

If you have enemy showing, but no friendlies, the culprit is showing a scarce/absent unit type in the filter (Armour, Engineer the most common 'missing' types).
If you have lots of friendly, but no enemy showing - that could be what you have knowledge about, sometimes you do lose contact, but more likely you have 'current' intel set and most reports are over 15 minutes old. Try again with recent or all to get a stale but more complete intel picture.

Neither friendly nor enemy showing is usually unit display switched off - which is useful for terrain analysis, but seems to cause some confusion when all the units vanish unexpectedly. Hiding objectives and 'crosses' is also possible, again to get a better look at the terrain, but I find they are useful to define the likely next decision points.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: Invisible units - 11/25/2011 5:03:43 PM   
bcallico5

Thanks guys that fixed it.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Invisible units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI