Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

United Empires... of something!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> United Empires... of something! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
United Empires... of something! - 11/24/2011 3:46:25 AM   
Fideach

Just had a idea for Diplomacy. It is an idea from another game, but it just occurred to me while playing Legends and messing with alliances and my ambassador characters. Which may have been one of the Masters of Orion that had it.. I don't recall. But it was where you could form an organization, give it a name, name the treaties, etc. Then invite other Empires into it. The organization would vote for different actions, such as accepting new members, banning or agreeing on certain types of treaties, rights, technology being allowed, or shared among all members, etc.

What does everyone think of something like that for Distant Worlds?
Post #: 1
RE: United Empires... of something! - 11/24/2011 4:45:00 AM   
Nedrear

You can do that informal by increasing your mutual defense and trade pact. Most times your valuable allies follow your example. Still why not suggest it: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2418281&mpage=43

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to Fideach)
Post #: 2
RE: United Empires... of something! - 11/24/2011 12:11:33 PM   
MasterChief

Hey Fideach. I believe that was Space Empires V. It is still one of my favorite from the genre! I agree with your suggestion for it made for some interesting games. Concepts such as Star Trek's Federation became possible.

(in reply to Fideach)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> United Empires... of something! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI