Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing Gizurean, need clarity on a couple things

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Playing Gizurean, need clarity on a couple things Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing Gizurean, need clarity on a couple things - 11/24/2011 12:31:05 AM   
WoodMan

Hey all,

So I have the implement penal colony box ticked in the policy window, but I have every automation option in the policy window set to manual, will the game still implement the penal colony system for me, or do I have to do it myself?

It says it will use "Resettle" but my Homeworld (my only world, new game) doesn't have either "Enslave" or "Resettle" set for foreign race families, it simply has "Do Not Accept". Will future colonies automatically have either Enslave or Resettle or will they have Do Not Accept?

-----

Victory condition to have more military ships than any other Empire, does this mean higher firepower, or literally higher number of ships?

-----

Keep leader alive is a victory condition. Does this mean the Queen is never replaced unless she is killed by an enemy Empire? If so, thats pretty cool

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Post #: 1
RE: Playing Gizurean, need clarity on a couple things - 11/24/2011 12:36:42 AM   
Bingeling

I saw more options than "Do not accept" when I looked at colonies with two different species on. So I guess the options depend on what is there.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 2
RE: Playing Gizurean, need clarity on a couple things - 11/24/2011 12:41:19 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan
So I have the implement penal colony box ticked in the policy window, but I have every automation option in the policy window set to manual, will the game still implement the penal colony system for me, or do I have to do it myself?

It says it will use "Resettle" but my Homeworld (my only world, new game) doesn't have either "Enslave" or "Resettle" set for foreign race families, it simply has "Do Not Accept". Will future colonies automatically have either Enslave or Resettle or will they have Do Not Accept?

For the Penal Colony feature to be implemented by the AI, you have to have it enabled in the Empire Policy screen AND also have the Colony Population Policies automation setting turned on in the Game Options screen.

quote:

Victory condition to have more military ships than any other Empire, does this mean higher firepower, or literally higher number of ships?

This means the number of individual ships, not the firepower

quote:

Keep leader alive is a victory condition. Does this mean the Queen is never replaced unless she is killed by an enemy Empire? If so, thats pretty cool

Yes, in this situation the Gizureans always keep Queen Reztok around

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 3
RE: Playing Gizurean, need clarity on a couple things - 11/24/2011 12:53:24 AM   
WoodMan

quote:

Yes, in this situation the Gizureans always keep Queen Reztok around

Nice

Okay thanks, didn't realise there was a new checkbox regarding empire population policies in the main menu, I've set it to automated for now, cheers!

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 4
RE: Playing Gizurean, need clarity on a couple things - 11/24/2011 1:13:25 AM   
Nedrear

The Zerg Overmind is back... though this setting is interesting as it would allow for a Starcraft Mod.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Playing Gizurean, need clarity on a couple things Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI