Matrix Games Forums

The fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Modification Guide

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> New Modification Guide Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Modification Guide - 11/23/2011 5:25:22 PM   
tjhkkr

Has the new modification guide come out?

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Post #: 1
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/23/2011 5:28:24 PM   
Nedrear

Obiously not. Even the Legend Manual has nothing of it. Therefore it is obvious you have to figure it out yourself. Still the old "line X does Y" info is in every textfile, so just go through the new main folders and read it.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 2
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/23/2011 5:35:35 PM   
WoodMan

I believe Eliott is working on it. 

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 3
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/23/2011 6:00:39 PM   
HectorOfTroy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

Obiously not. Even the Legend Manual has nothing of it. Therefore it is obvious you have to figure it out yourself. Still the old "line X does Y" info is in every textfile, so just go through the new main folders and read it.

Tjhkkr is asking if the manual is out, not how to mod without it.

I don't know if it's just me but you always sound cranky

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 4
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/23/2011 6:04:24 PM   
tjhkkr

Thank you, Woodman!

It is not a big deal... documentation is usually the last thing in most systems.
I offered to do it for free, but then, by the time they gave me the notes, the thing would be half written.

I am not at home, so I have not run the update yet, I was not sure if would unpack with the rest or not...

I am some kind of excited...

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 11/23/2011 6:05:48 PM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to HectorOfTroy)
Post #: 5
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/23/2011 8:47:21 PM   
ehsumrell1

I'm sure that Elliot will have it complete soon TJ. But then again, the update for
ROTS might take priority this weekend. I personally would rather see that taken care
of first (in the interest of new game sales for Matrix of course).

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 6
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/23/2011 8:56:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Everyone,

Elliot is working on the new guide. We hoped to have it ready for release, but it will probably be a few more days. Hang in there.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 7
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/23/2011 10:12:23 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi Everyone,
Elliot is working on the new guide. We hoped to have it ready for release, but it will probably be a few more days. Hang in there.
Regards,
- Erik

I am very sorry to sound impatient. I not at my home so I had no idea if the new file unpacked the guide.
I sort of hoped to have something to read while waiting for thanksgiving meal...
Football this year just is not going to cut it....

I can wait. And everyone has done a yeoman job in bringing this product to market...

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 11/23/2011 10:13:29 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/23/2011 10:16:17 PM   
Nedrear

I will start with all the things the textfiles offer me. But the sections telling me "see mod guide" are something I have to wait for Elliot. Make it good not quick Ell!

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 9
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 2:33:42 AM   
elliotg

Sorry guys, I'd hoped to get this out before release, but everything else just piled on top of me

I'm working on the new modding guide now, but it's pretty big compared to the old one. So much new stuff for races and characters.

It will definitely be out next week.

I'm looking forward to seeing a Star Wars mod where I can send out Han Solo and Chewbacca to sabotage the shield generator (defensive base?) at Endor

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 10
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 2:38:51 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg
Sorry guys, I'd hoped to get this out before release, but everything else just piled on top of me
I'm working on the new modding guide now, but it's pretty big compared to the old one. So much new stuff for races and characters.

I'm looking forward to seeing a Star Wars mod where I can send out Han Solo and Chewbacca to sabotage the shield generator (defensive base?) at Endor

Would you accept Anakin and Obi Wan in place of Han and Chewie?

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 11
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 2:40:59 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

quote:

Would you accept Anakin and Obi Wan in place of Han and Chewie?

I'm more of an original trilogy fan myself, but Anakin and Obi-wan would be an acceptable substitute I guess

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 12
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 2:48:05 AM   
Nedrear

Why not use the crossovers? Use your troop general Yoda to thwart the republics enemys while letting R2D2 sabotage the enemy fleet mechanics opposing Anakins fleet.

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 13
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 2:57:33 AM   
Erik Rutins

As intelligence agents go, I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Garibaldi...

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 14
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 5:11:53 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

I want to play as the Daaleks, and every time I am near victory I will get a pop-up saying "The Doctor has sabotaged <insert really important doomsday weapon/facility here>"

Post #: 15
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 7:05:03 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

As intelligence agents go, I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Garibaldi...

Regards,

- Erik

Now there would be a great agent.....
....post-Santiago era though!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 16
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 10:59:00 AM   
2guncohen

Im realy looking out to take a look to mod this 

Link to Star Wars Mod
Alternative stormtrooper picture

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 17
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 1:59:37 PM   
tjhkkr

I do not know who Michael Garibaldi is, but he looks like a cool face for an intelligence operative...

(in reply to 2guncohen)
Post #: 18
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 3:48:28 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I do not know who Michael Garibaldi is, but he looks like a cool face for an intelligence operative...

He is the former Chief of Security for Babylon 5 Space Station. Shame on you for not knowing
about Babylon 5!

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 19
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 5:31:29 PM   
Data

Even I knew that and I really had a problem with Babylon 5 back in the day....maybe it's time to take another crack at it.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 20
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 6:01:02 PM   
tjhkkr

My brother LOVED/Loves B5.

I am honestly not a sci fi person. I just recently picked up watching 'Clone Wars'.
So I enjoy the military/diplomacy aspects of it. I think I am looking forward to the characters...

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 21
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 6:04:11 PM   
lordxorn

quote:

Elliot now you really put the pressure on me, good thing I will have lots of time during Thanksgiving to release a Legends Version. =)

You also kind of made me remember why I am loving DW even more now, not only do we have a Real Time successor to MOO, but also a real time successor to Star Wars Rebellion which arguably has one of the best Character systems to date, that is until Legends. =)

I am also looking to add Carrier class ships.

On a side note, Legends is also motivating me to introduce a whole new mod based on the Space Battleship Yamato series.

Here is a sneak peak.
The EDF New York Space Battleship (Not my artwork)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lordxorn -- 11/24/2011 6:06:44 PM >

Distant Worlds Star Wars Mod

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 22
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 6:11:02 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordxorn
Elliot now you really put the pressure on me, good thing I will have lots of time during Thanksgiving to release a Legends Version. =)

You also kind of made me remember why I am loving DW even more now, not only do we have a Real Time successor to MOO, but also a real time successor to Star Wars Rebellion which arguably has one of the best Character systems to date, that is until Legends. =)

I agree on both counts.
I have been pulling down images in preparation for this... probably have nearly 200...
And LA did Rebellion well, it took DW to be able to replace it.
Do you know that is HOW I found DW, looking for a replacement for Rebellion!!!
Back to the matter at hand though...

With the Mechnoids as the Rebellion, I will be adding all sorts of characters there... some Bothans, Kuat...
Same with the Shakturi as the Empire...

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 11/24/2011 6:14:05 PM >

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 23
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/24/2011 9:16:24 PM   
elliotg

quote:

On a side note, Legends is also motivating me to introduce a whole new mod based on the Space Battleship Yamato series.

Battleship Yamato would be awesome

But please make sure you finish Star Wars first...

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 24
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/25/2011 5:53:23 AM   
the1sean

quote:

quote:

YES! Another Star Wars Rebellion fan! It DID have a great character system. LordXorn, I really hope that you are able to convert the spirit of the Rebellion character system into your awesome mods!

Check out my GAMEPLAY REDUX MOD (ROTS)

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 25
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/25/2011 6:39:12 AM   
the1sean

quote:

Hey Elliot, I just wanted to follow up on a modding feature that I requested back in ROTS and I am pretty sure you said that you planned to implement (can't find the thread). I asked that there be a setting to toggle whether or not races could show up as independents (so that you could have playable races not show up as indies, or other non-playable races ONLY show up as independents). I was going through the new race files and noticed that it was missing.

This is the only way that you are going to get your Ewoks on Endor, by the way...

Attachment (1)

Check out my GAMEPLAY REDUX MOD (ROTS)

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 26
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/25/2011 7:51:51 PM   
tjhkkr

Do it for the ewoks...!!!

Thems fightin words in my empire...

Good one, the1sean... very funny!!!!

This is what the empire does around Ewoks these days.

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 27
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/26/2011 7:35:48 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: the1sean

quote:

Hey Elliot, I just wanted to follow up on a modding feature that I requested back in ROTS and I am pretty sure you said that you planned to implement (can't find the thread). I asked that there be a setting to toggle whether or not races could show up as independents (so that you could have playable races not show up as indies, or other non-playable races ONLY show up as independents). I was going through the new race files and noticed that it was missing.

This is the only way that you are going to get your Ewoks on Endor, by the way...

I don't remember that one at all. But that's a very easy addition. I'll squeeze it into the next update. It'll be an optional Y/N flag in the race file, set to Yes by default.

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 28
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/26/2011 8:43:08 AM   
Igard

Hi Elliot,

Another long awaited request was a toggle for races to always start in their home systems. I can't find it anywhere in the new files, but would this be possible also?

Thanks.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 29
RE: New Modification Guide - 11/26/2011 1:07:41 PM   
Mozo

@ lordxorn:

Wow - that BB is sweet.

Mozo

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> New Modification Guide Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI