Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Unity of Command Series >> Tech Support >> Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/23/2011 2:36:19 PM   
falco

Sorry bout the heading but I feel I've just got to vent. A few days ago I attempted to buy UoC from over here (Korea). So I tried to access Plimus from this site using IE7 - nothing doing. I then tried the same thing using Firefox - same result. OK, I thought, maybe its a server problem, so I tried various proxies until I found one that could actually access the Plimus site. So I actually got through to Plimus, gave them my details and ordered my game (this is actually after hours of searching for a proxy server that would actually do the job). Wonderful I thought. Plimus sent me my download details and I proceeded to try and download my game. This is where the going got really tough. The proxy server I'd used to order UoC could not seem to access the site at all. So I proceeded to spend more time looking through lists of proxy servers to find one that might do the job. Finally I did and the the download started to work. When it got to about 20% through, the thing crashed. Tried again, same thing. Tried one more time, same thing and I got a popup saying my three download attempts were up and I couldnt try any more. So I tried to contact Plimus about this but I couldnt get through no matter what server or browser I used (and believe me I tried a lot). Yesterday I went to a Korean friend's house and finally got through to Plimus on his computer. I outlined the problems I'd been having and sent it away. I got this reply -

To view the legitimacy of our company you can view our website:

http://www.Plimus.com

In order to process orders we need all the information provided to be accurate. If you are unwilling to provide such details in order for us to verify the legitimacy of your order, we cannot process your order.

I wasnt questioning the legitimacy of the company, I was just requesting a bit of assistance! I HAD provided all the details I could including screenshots. After this, I got on my friend's computer again and asked for a bit of help one more time. I got another reply with a reactivated URL for the game and again attempted to download. This time the download popup appeared and appeared to work but upon examining the folder where the finished game was supposed to, it was completely empty! Tried again....same result. Finally I went to a PC cafe and tried one more time....same result. I cant explain whats going on on coz I am hardly a computer expert but I'm just completely baffled. I should mention I turned off all anti-virus programs and firewalls while trying to download from my own computer. I've tried to get through to Plimus again on my own computer just a few minutes ago to request the URL to be reactivated again but....you guessed it - cant get through to Plimus.

Is there anybody else whose tried to order Matrix games from Korea/Asia and had difficulties? Before Matrix switched to Plimus a year or two ago, I never had any problem ordering games from them (Matrix). But since then every time theres been difficulties. Not trying to diss Plimus at all but there must be something that I'm missing?!

- falco.

Post #: 1
RE: Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/23/2011 2:51:52 PM   
jomni

Have you bought any other games from Matrix? Plimus? or the old Digital River?

I can purchase and download in Singapore.

< Message edited by jomni -- 11/23/2011 2:52:09 PM >

My Blog
Random Wargame Name Generator

(in reply to falco)
Post #: 2
RE: Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/23/2011 3:08:07 PM   
falco

Yep, as I said when I used to order games/downloads from Digital river there was never any problems. Now I have to go through a whole performance just to access the Plimus site. I had similar problems when I bought Battle Academy a few months ago but not as bad as this time.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 3
RE: Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/24/2011 8:00:54 AM   
falco

Can anybody from Matrix possibly put me in contact with someone from Plimus and resolve this?

(in reply to falco)
Post #: 4
RE: Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/24/2011 4:31:59 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Falco,

This is very bizarre. It's a national holiday here today, so don't expect much to happen, but I'll make sure we and Plimus investigate this with your tomorrow.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to falco)
Post #: 5
RE: Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/25/2011 4:51:21 AM   
falco

Thank you Eric. Sure is frustrating this end. As I mentioned, I had some problems when I bought Battle Academy a few monthd ago but now I dont appear to be able to access the Plimus site at all no matter what browsers or servers I use. So I still have no game!...lol

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/26/2011 12:56:50 PM   
falco

Just thought I'd add if its easier for everybody I'm willing to pay the extra for the CD and just wait for my game. I went to another PC cafe today and I still cant access the Plimus site.

(in reply to falco)
Post #: 7
RE: Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/28/2011 1:39:49 PM   
falco

Any developments with this? If Plimus send me a link or something I'll send extra to get the CD. I'm tired of hassling around trying to access their website, trying to download etc.

(in reply to falco)
Post #: 8
RE: Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/28/2011 3:14:26 PM   
Iain McNeil

We're looking in to it. So far Plimus don't have a solution but we will work with them to find out more. For now we are trying to provide you an alternative link on our server. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you send your order details to info@slitherine.co.uk and we'll get it sorted out ASAP.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to falco)
Post #: 9
RE: Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/28/2011 10:33:30 PM   
falco

Thank you Iain. I'll get onto it now.

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 10
RE: Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? - 11/29/2011 4:20:16 PM   
falco

Game is installed and just about to begin my first scenario.

Thanks for your excellent service.

Best regards,
-falco
ROK.

< Message edited by falco -- 11/29/2011 4:21:57 PM >

(in reply to falco)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Unity of Command Series >> Tech Support >> Why is it so difficult to order this game from Korea? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI