Matrix Games Forums

The fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 2:48:14 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Hello Gents;

After much effort I am rolling out WITP/AE Assetshare (v1.02)

This will allow WITP/AE players to trade or sell in-game assets ACROSS games. For example, let's say you are playing the Allies in Scenario 1 and you lose all your carriers in late 1942. You can sit and wait for the Essex class or you can do something about it. This software allows you to trade for or purchase a couple of Yorktown-class carriers from another player who has more resources in another game.

To get the ball rolling, I am putting up for sale a number of items:

1) USS Washington (after 10/42 AAA suite upgrade, crew experience 56/65, float planes included).............. $75

2) USS Long Island (with 18 plane VMF F4F squadron)....... $45

3) 90th BS(M) USAAF (B-25C avg crew experience 68).......... $90

All prices US. VISA/MC/DISCOVER. Please feel free to post your goods in the "MARKETPLACE" section*

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Idi-Amin-Dada/31137364053

* Management atkes a %10 commission on sales
Post #: 1
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 2:54:15 AM   
SuluSea

You are absolutely too much Cap'n......... LOLOLOLOL

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 2
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 3:04:56 AM   
zuluhour

Reminds me of Jake and Elwood in the restaurant. "How much for the little girl?". OH and by the way, that little #$%^ from M&M is clearly responsible for the Tennesse repairing in reverse in my AAR. Alfred said it was how I had it in port; I know that little %$#@ was stealing sh&t to sell in your AAR.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 3
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 11:47:42 AM   
Itdepends

What Naval Captain comes with the USS Washington?

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 4
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 1:55:50 PM   
USS America

I'd like to order one of these:

I figure with a 15% cut of their "enterprises" I should be able to keep myself supplied with rum for life. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 5
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 2:07:02 PM   
jeffk3510

Hahaha!

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 6
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 3:13:12 PM   
witpqs

Hey, wait a minute! Where're your Black Friday specials?

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 7
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 3:16:03 PM   
LoBaron

Now we only need an online chat and spambots for fair and aggressive distribution.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

Post #: 8
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 3:17:18 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Now we only need an online chat and spambots for fair and aggressive distribution.

"Occupy Assetshare"

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 9
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 3:20:09 PM   
USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

"Occupy Assetshare"

That didn't take long.

I saw a news story about hardcore Black Friday shoppers a day ago or so, with a picture of a Best Buy store that had tents set up outside. All I could think was, "Occupy Best Buy."

Next summer, I might have to take my son to "Occupy Blue Ridge Parkway Campground."

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 10
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 3:23:53 PM   
LoBaron

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

"Occupy Assetshare"

That didn't take long.

I saw a news story about hardcore Black Friday shoppers a day ago or so, with a picture of a Best Buy store that had tents set up outside. All I could think was, "Occupy Best Buy."

Next summer, I might have to take my son to "Occupy Blue Ridge Parkway Campground."

Global economy and its wonders.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

Post #: 11
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 4:04:21 PM   
LST Express

Is there layaway?

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 12
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 4:07:41 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

"Occupy Assetshare"

That didn't take long.

It might turn out to be better than a day of watching football. There are reports that many of the Occupy protesters plan to "occupy" publicly held retailers to protest their participation in Wall St.

My money is on the shoppers. Riot police take orders. Holiday shoppers don't even take prisoners.

Post #: 13
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 4:16:29 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Hello Gents;

This will allow WITP/AE players to trade or sell in-game assets ACROSS games. For example, let's say you are playing the Allies in Scenario 1 and you lose all your carriers in late 1942. You can sit and wait for the Essex class or you can do something about it. This software allows you to trade for or purchase a couple of Yorktown-class carriers from another player who has more resources in another game.

To get the ball rolling, I am putting up for sale a number of items:

1) USS Washington (after 10/42 AAA suite upgrade, crew experience 56/65, float planes included).............. $75

2) USS Long Island (with 18 plane VMF F4F squadron)....... $45

All prices US. VISA/MC/DISCOVER. Please feel free to post your goods in the "MARKETPLACE" section*

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Idi-Amin-Dada/31137364053

* Management atkes a %10 commission on sales

Cap'n: For those of us in games as JFBs where we've waxed our enemy's carriers in 1942, can we lay puts against the Essex classes? I'd consider a floating scale on the put spread in order to consider early arrival of these beasts.

Will Captain Ito figure out that there's money to be made in call options on the atomic bomb?

ETA: Short on the Nagasaki port facilities...

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 11/23/2011 4:17:21 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 5:29:48 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Once there is a thriving market on the underlying commodities, it will be only natural to have futures contracts as well. Of course, there would have to be some mechanism to insure that the seller of the futures contract can actually deliver when the time comes.

Let's say you purcahse a call option on two Yorktown class deliverable on or before 12-42 and you have have a disaster trying to land in the Solomons, so you contact the seller but the idiot has also lost his. Now where are you?

Perhaps security insurance? Halsey types would have to pay more.

Post #: 15
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 6:13:02 PM   
Chickenboy

Credit / asset default swaps...I like it. We'd have to 'ring-fence' the market to avoid subprime risk contagion on the smaller asset classes too.

Look, clearly there can only be certain large sovereign bidders for the Essex classes. But Costa Rica or Lesotho can afford a PB or even a Hermes class, right? At least a deep-in-the-money call option on future delivery of same.

Post #: 16
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 6:33:18 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Credit / asset default swaps...I like it. We'd have to 'ring-fence' the market to avoid subprime risk contagion on the smaller asset classes too.

Look, clearly there can only be certain large sovereign bidders for the Essex classes. But Costa Rica or Lesotho can afford a PB or even a Hermes class, right? At least a deep-in-the-money call option on future delivery of same.

Well, to tell you the truth, I have never made it to Sceanrio 1 or 2 game where I actually had an Essex class to sell. I imagine an early Essex (mid '43 maybe) might be of some value but once they start rolling off the blocks then everybody and their cousin will have one. A replacement Saratoga with F4F's in late 42...now you are talking some serious cash.

On the issue of Lesotho, we are talking only of the cyber version of the asset, so I suspect even a civil servant from Lesotho could afford something nice. Paypal has software to convert from Lesotho Guineas to US Dollars.

Iranian and North Korean players unfortuantely are out. I don't want any trouble with the State Dept.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 17
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 6:34:16 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

What Naval Captain comes with the USS Washington?

I'll throw in Adm. Draemel

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 18
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 7:05:34 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Hello Gents;

Fortunate, since v1.01 was highly borked.

The Moose

Post #: 19
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 8:30:09 PM   
rubisco

Excellent.

Will the software allow trading in individual aircraft? I'd like to get a few extra B24s for a PBEM I'm about to start.

Enough to outfit two or three Sentai would be sufficient.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 20
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 11:17:55 PM   
Alfred

The first thing you need is a settlements house. You could put this out to tender and I'm certain you will receive bids from

• M&M Enterprises, Settlements Division
  • M&M Enterprises, Scrip Clearing House Division
  • M&M Enterprises, Registry Services Division

The second point is that most bourses allow short selling. I see no difference between short selling and the situation described in post #15. There is no real need to establish any type of insurance to cover the situation described in post #15, but for the more timid traders, I'm certain that M&M Enterprises, Reinsurance Division would cover any products developed and offered by M&M Enterprises, General Insurance Division to ally the fears of timid traders.

Rather than taking out some type of insurance (including any type of credit default swaps) the trader seeking peace of mind could undertake the traditional methods of:

• taking an opposite position relying on arbitrage to make a profit
  • borrowing the underlying asset from M&M Enterprises, Virtual Shipyard Construction Division
  • transfer to WWII (d)

Bottom line is that with the highly integrated conglomerate and extensive business connections which characterise M&M Enterprises, I see no drawbacks but only opportunities for this wonderful new business opportunity.

Alfred

(in reply to rubisco)
Post #: 21
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/23/2011 11:31:50 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred
*] borrowing the underlying asset from M&M Enterprises, Virtual Shipyard Construction Division

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 22
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/24/2011 12:00:04 AM   
JeffK

Those prices USD or real money?

(I hear Confederate dollors are nearing parity!)

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/24/2011 12:42:13 AM   
House Stark

Does this assetshare program allow for bartering? For example, this hypothetical situation: I don't have money to spare, but I have 7 nice old pre-war US battlewagons because my opponent failed to pull off a decent Pearl Harbor attack. However, I got bold and lost some carriers in mid 1942. Now those old BBs are useless since the US navy won't be on the offensive...but perhaps there is someone who lost all 7 old war BBs at Pearl but thrashed the KB in '42. So he needs the BBs and I need the CVs. Does your program allow for this? Or is it just some sort of real world way to make back the $90 entry fee for the game? (like farming or whatever it is in WoW, minus the doing work since the ships come of their own accord)

Post #: 24
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/24/2011 3:51:40 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: House Stark

Does this assetshare program allow for bartering? For example, this hypothetical situation: I don't have money to spare, but I have 7 nice old pre-war US battlewagons because my opponent failed to pull off a decent Pearl Harbor attack. However, I got bold and lost some carriers in mid 1942. Now those old BBs are useless since the US navy won't be on the offensive...but perhaps there is someone who lost all 7 old war BBs at Pearl but thrashed the KB in '42. So he needs the BBs and I need the CVs. Does your program allow for this? Or is it just some sort of real world way to make back the $90 entry fee for the game? (like farming or whatever it is in WoW, minus the doing work since the ships come of their own accord)

Mr. Stark;

The standard approach would be, of course, to first sell some of the pre-war BB's to generate cash and then try to buy a CV. Now, on the other hand, if you are one of those 1% Wall Street insiders and you are just trying to skirt capital gains taxes with an off-the-radar trade, you could try www.gypseyexchange.com

The will never 1099 you....well, that's what I heard.

Now, as to the question of recouping the purchase price, my tax advisor told me that I could use the purchase price as the "cost basis" on the first trade with a gain...but only once. You might be able to get away with a home office deduction on Schedule C but you would have to keep some kind of contemporaneous records if you use the computer for any other purposes. Similarly, I think you would have to claim you don't get any enjoyment out of actually "playing" WITP/AE. I am going to try this strategy. I figure if I am audited I will refer them to one of the threads on Japanese production or pilot management and that will pretty much satisfy them.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 11/24/2011 4:06:21 PM >

(in reply to House Stark)
Post #: 25
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/24/2011 4:05:12 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

The first thing you need is a settlements house. You could put this out to tender and I'm certain you will receive bids from

• M&M Enterprises, Settlements Division
  • M&M Enterprises, Scrip Clearing House Division
  • M&M Enterprises, Registry Services Division

The second point is that most bourses allow short selling. I see no difference between short selling and the situation described in post #15. There is no real need to establish any type of insurance to cover the situation described in post #15, but for the more timid traders, I'm certain that M&M Enterprises, Reinsurance Division would cover any products developed and offered by M&M Enterprises, General Insurance Division to ally the fears of timid traders.

Rather than taking out some type of insurance (including any type of credit default swaps) the trader seeking peace of mind could undertake the traditional methods of:

• taking an opposite position relying on arbitrage to make a profit
  • borrowing the underlying asset from M&M Enterprises, Virtual Shipyard Construction Division
  • transfer to WWII (d)

Bottom line is that with the highly integrated conglomerate and extensive business connections which characterise M&M Enterprises, I see no drawbacks but only opportunities for this wonderful new business opportunity.

Alfred

Santa Maria! That makes my head hurt. You Commonwealth dudes always make me feel so inadequate. I have to go look up everything. "Bourses"???

On this point: "....taking an opposite position relying on arbitrage to make a profit"

That sounds positively Edward O Thorpian, but it seems to me the buyer is not trying to make a profit, he just wants his carrier, which has now tragically been taken from him twice, first by lousy weather and a sieve-like CAP, and now by a seller unable to deliver the promised goods. I worry about the mental health implications.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 26
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/25/2011 1:19:53 AM   
bigred

What is the price for 50 spit 8's?
how about one silver eagle?

< Message edited by bigred -- 11/25/2011 1:20:26 AM >

Post #: 27
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/25/2011 4:02:55 AM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: House Stark

Mr. Stark;

The standard approach would be, of course, to first sell some of the pre-war BB's to generate cash and then try to buy a CV. Now, on the other hand, if you are one of those 1% Wall Street insiders and you are just trying to skirt capital gains taxes with an off-the-radar trade, you could try www.gypseyexchange.com

The will never 1099 you....well, that's what I heard.

Now, as to the question of recouping the purchase price, my tax advisor told me that I could use the purchase price as the "cost basis" on the first trade with a gain...but only once. You might be able to get away with a home office deduction on Schedule C but you would have to keep some kind of contemporaneous records if you use the computer for any other purposes. Similarly, I think you would have to claim you don't get any enjoyment out of actually "playing" WITP/AE. I am going to try this strategy. I figure if I am audited I will refer them to one of the threads on Japanese production or pilot management and that will pretty much satisfy them.

Is this the scheme that got Wesley Snipes put away?

Post #: 28
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/25/2011 4:03:45 AM   
witpqs

quote:

I have to go look up everything. "Bourses"???

I think it's that cheese on sale with a coupon at Costco.

Post #: 29
RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 - 11/25/2011 4:40:10 AM   
zuluhour

Cross matrix evidence

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI