Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets Updated
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update Available! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update Avai... - 11/22/2011 9:48:30 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Hello All,

We have a new update for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge in the Members Club. It has a large number of fixes and changes, the original list is here, plus the ones below.

Please remember this is a Beta, and any feedback is appreciated.

Change List
    V4.2.246 – November 8, 2011

• Revised scenarios to incorporate the historical reinf schedules.

V4.2.245 – November 2, 2011

• Converted scenarios ensuring siteTask StartAt times were all valid ( ie = start time )
    • Ensured that when using the boss's StartAtTime, we don't double dip and modifying it by
      the Scenario OrdersDelayFactor ( this will have already been factored into the boss's
      StartAtDuration ). This mitiagates against subordinate HQ heading off before their
      subordinates.
    • Modified DetermineForceGroupLevels() to include Subject and modified calling
      functions as appropriate. This avoids applying a level that is in fact one less than it should be.
    • Added Historical Reinforcement Schedule type. This is in addition to the Standard, Favour Us and Favour Them types and can be used to ensure you play with the historical
      schedule, while giving you the option to play with one of the Standard schedules picked at
      random. Previously the histroical schedule was included a one of the Standard ones.
    • Added Deployed arrival type to reinforcements. These will now arrive and use whatever
      Deployment type that is set for them in the ScenMaker, rather than using the default
      Undeployed type. Also if the reinforcement is only a single unit it's deployment radius
      will be 0m instead of the default 100m. This allows scenario designers to setup a precise
      defensive layout for the arriving reinforcements - especially useful for those set to arrive at scenario start.
    • Fixed bug preventing the use of the drop down lists used when trying to set percentage
      values in the ForceData:Summary view.
    • Ensure non-bombard capable static units are handled inside VerifyAllocation(). This
      ensure correct handling during force allocation and addresses Assert at
      ScenFTTAllocationRequirement.cpp, line 43.
    • Ensure we use the DivideLargeInts() to divide the VP totals inside
      UpdatePrioritiesForVictoryPlans(). This addresses assert at PodFloat.cpp line 36. There
      were several occurrences that triggered from different locations due to large VP totals.
    • Updated BFTB scenarios utilizing Historical reinforcement schedules and Deployed
      arrival types where appropriate.

Andrew Loveridge

Production Assistant

Post #: 1
RE: Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update ... - 11/22/2011 11:24:38 PM   
Reaper

Very cool - enough said.

Reaper

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 2
RE: Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update ... - 11/22/2011 11:44:49 PM   
Nikolaj

HUZZAH!!!

(in reply to Reaper)
Post #: 3
RE: Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update ... - 11/23/2011 2:22:01 AM   
Major SNAFU

Whoooooo-ooooooooot!

And here I was only on my second battle and now its back to Hofen.....

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." - T. Bartlet Rile, Prof. Irish History in Frank Delany's "Ireland: A Novel."

(in reply to Nikolaj)
Post #: 4
RE: Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update ... - 11/23/2011 8:03:46 AM   
loyalcitizen

Using both Firefox and IE, my download hangs at 98%. It just won't finish and so I am left without.

(in reply to Major SNAFU)
Post #: 5
RE: Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update ... - 11/23/2011 10:53:06 AM   
stian

Awesome!!

@Loyalcitizen, try:
http://www.opera.com/

< Message edited by stian -- 11/23/2011 10:54:00 AM >

(in reply to loyalcitizen)
Post #: 6
RE: Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update ... - 11/23/2011 11:35:00 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

THANK YOU!

Nullius in Verba since February 2013 - http://panthergames.com
-----
Life in the Internets: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mvorkosigan
----
I'm a real person as well: http://au.linkedin.com/in/miguelramirezjavega

(in reply to stian)
Post #: 7
RE: Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update ... - 11/23/2011 12:09:33 PM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: loyalcitizen

Using both Firefox and IE, my download hangs at 98%. It just won't finish and so I am left without.

You need to contact Matrix Support here: http://www.matrixgames.com/support/

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to loyalcitizen)
Post #: 8
RE: Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update ... - 11/23/2011 3:43:12 PM   
Major SNAFU

Keep trying. I used Firefox and I had the patch in no time with no problems.

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." - T. Bartlet Rile, Prof. Irish History in Frank Delany's "Ireland: A Novel."

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 9
RE: Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update ... - 11/25/2011 1:52:31 PM   
CriticalMass

Sometimes this is due to AV scan. I found that pausing the dowload when it appears stalled then imediately restarting can cure the problem.

I decided to ignore my orders and to take command at the front with my own hands as soon as possible
- Lieutenant General Erwin Rommel

(in reply to Major SNAFU)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Battles from the Bulge Public Beta v4.2.246 Update Available! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI