From: Zagreb, Croatia
ORIGINAL: USS America
We're moving very fast from the selling end. Hope to have our house listed on Friday. I don't think the sellers are jerk-offs. From their perspective, they don't want to effectively take their house off of the market for an unknown period of time while waiting for us to get ours under contract. They countered our "contingent" offer with one that added dates that our house will be listed by and maximum waiting time. If we didn't meet those dates, our Due Diligence and Earnest money would be forfeit. Not gonna gamble like that. Unfortunately, the amounts are too high for us to be able to purchase a new house without selling our old one.
Our realtor is very confident that our house will move fast. The house we are looking to buy has been listed several times over the past few years and then de-listed. It has currently been listed at it's price for 80 days. It will still be there in a few weeks, when our's is under contract to sell. Then, our new offer will be quite a bit lower than the original one we made.
Fingers crossed Mike!
Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!
A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE