Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

hopeless wish and great game engine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Unity of Command Series >> hopeless wish and great game engine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
hopeless wish and great game engine - 11/22/2011 8:53:19 AM   
Murat30

thanks for another great strategy/military management/war simulation pc game, i personally dont want to choose between panzer corps Or, Unity of Command, for me, as my main point of view is some around choosing about two books and/or authors, or same for all other kind of art, music, movies, etc, each have his strongpoints in design that can be delighted by the people playing, and taking experience and fun from them, so, i have both and dont regret any of these purchases. aside it i found interesting the comparison (?) for share engine/game research and enhance one or both game engines.

well, my (i guess) hopeless wish will be, indeed, to see a global eastern front scenario with this engine, i can understand it will be a mighty endeavor for the team/s of developers in the project, but i cannot quit of my mind a game, with the setting given for the, also awesome, gary grigsby's War in the East game engine, with the features and theater model given from Unity of Command, would be awesome, and i think also may be a game with very big chances to become wargame of the year in more than one sites rewards,

i, as allways like will throw an example with the SSG series, battles in italy engine, where there are a custom scenario/mod that simulates the entire east front with the battles in italy step system and supply system, etc. some adjustments will be obviously mandatory, but the result may be one of the best games in videogame/art history, well, is just my oppinion, and as said my "dream wish" anyway, all feedback are wellcome,

thanks for read it, and thanks to the teams of developers that have work great on the War in the East, Panzer Corps and Unity of Command games/engines, i may not have time to play all them, but i like all them and have planned to play when i can, but that's on my time priority and not about the very good quality of all the games,

have my best regards, and excuse any bad english, is not my main languaje

Murat/Alarick.

< Message edited by Murat30 -- 11/22/2011 8:56:34 AM >

There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.
Post #: 1
RE: hopeless wish and great game engine - 11/23/2011 5:14:05 AM   
gdrover

Yes! Yes! YES!!!!

Give us more:

* More Space for maneuvre
* More Units to command
* More decisions to make that will have long-term implications... when I start pounding the enemy, I hate it when the scenario ends and I can't keep going.

And if the entire front is just too big, how about 1/3 of the front x3...I would love to play as Commander of Armee Gruppe Sud for the whole war, or, if that's too long, then even one year would be satisfying.

PLEASE give us more of this great system!

(in reply to Murat30)
Post #: 2
RE: hopeless wish and great game engine - 11/24/2011 9:19:55 PM   
2xTom

Thanks much for all the kudos!

I discussed this in other places already so excuse me if I'm repeating myself... our plan is to add more campaigns yes, but they will be of similar scope and size initially. Our intention is to "grow" the game system and code base gradually so the game stays both playable and stable throughout.

In that light, really grand scenarios may come about eventually when we've enhanced all the necessary elements of the game to be able to handle such "monster" scenarios.

Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer

(in reply to gdrover)
Post #: 3
RE: hopeless wish and great game engine - 11/24/2011 11:47:45 PM   
Queeg

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2xTom

Thanks much for all the kudos!

I discussed this in other places already so excuse me if I'm repeating myself... our plan is to add more campaigns yes, but they will be of similar scope and size initially. Our intention is to "grow" the game system and code base gradually so the game stays both playable and stable throughout.

In that light, really grand scenarios may come about eventually when we've enhanced all the necessary elements of the game to be able to handle such "monster" scenarios.

Good call.

(in reply to 2xTom)
Post #: 4
RE: hopeless wish and great game engine - 11/25/2011 3:49:47 AM   
SeaMonkey

Agreed, I'll budget to acquire the next release, how about Africa?

(in reply to 2xTom)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Unity of Command Series >> hopeless wish and great game engine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI