Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit - 11/20/2011 8:26:43 PM   
PKH

Just did a test, and it seems if you upgrade a unit where there is no upgrade 'path', you just lose the old unit, and have to pay the the full amount for the new.
If you however sell the unit first and buy the one you want to upgrade to, you will only have payed the difference.

IMO this should be automatic. If you upgrade where there is no upgrade 'path' the game should automatically sell the old, then deduct the cost for the new.
Post #: 1
RE: Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit - 11/20/2011 10:52:04 PM   
Justus2

But then you lose the XP of the old unit, if you upgrade (even at full price) the XP level of the old unit carries forward (unless I am mistaken).

EDIT: Actually I tried 'selling' a unit, I must be missing an option? I can disband a unit, but get no Prestige back from it. Is there another option to sell a unit back and actually get prestige?

< Message edited by Justus2 -- 11/20/2011 11:43:03 PM >

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 2
RE: Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit - 11/21/2011 1:03:42 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justus2
EDIT: Actually I tried 'selling' a unit, I must be missing an option? I can disband a unit, but get no Prestige back from it. Is there another option to sell a unit back and actually get prestige?

You can earn prestige back, only when you're disbanding in the deployment phase.

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 3
RE: Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit - 11/27/2011 2:02:42 PM   
demjansk

I come to an end of a scenario and should I upgrade to a new unit or should I purchase the experience points?

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit - 11/28/2011 5:21:31 AM   
Razz

That all depends how you play and if the unit is expendable.

Upgrading a unit will cost more prestige for replacements.

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI