Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Group Upgrade Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Air Group Upgrade Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Group Upgrade Problem - 11/17/2011 11:20:41 PM   
vettim89

I will speak in generalities to keep OPSEC in my game.

I have an air group that is due for upgrade. The unit is sitting in the hex with its parent HQ (which is an air HQ). There are plenty of the new airframes in the pool. There is 60k of supplies in the hex.

But (you new there was a but)

The "Upgrade Now" button is grayed out and says "No Upgrade Available". Why is this? I thought I made all the prerequisites for upgrade.

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Post #: 1
RE: Air Group Upgrade Problem - 11/18/2011 12:32:48 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

I will speak in generalities to keep OPSEC in my game.

I have an air group that is due for upgrade. The unit is sitting in the hex with its parent HQ (which is an air HQ). There are plenty of the new airframes in the pool. There is 60k of supplies in the hex.

But (you new there was a but)

The "Upgrade Now" button is grayed out and says "No Upgrade Available". Why is this? I thought I made all the prerequisites for upgrade.

How big is the a/f that the unit is in? IIRC, you may require something like a size 7 a/f for some upgrades.

Is there another large a/f within range of the HQ unit? I'd advise hanging out a turn or two. Sometimes upgrade / replacement a/c can be drawn in by regional HQs to other a/fs and then 'migrate' towards the intended recipient unit.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Group Upgrade Problem - 11/18/2011 1:17:37 AM   
witpqs

If you are running the latest official patch, sometimes there were problems at certain bases. Michael has fixed them all to the best of my knowledge and I stopped experiencing that in the Betas.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Group Upgrade Problem - 11/18/2011 4:25:08 AM   
vettim89

I think it is the AF size thing. It is a 27 plane unit (A USAAF fighter sq)

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Group Upgrade Problem - 11/18/2011 4:37:17 PM   
dr.hal

Do you have enough airframes of the aircraft type you are upgrading to in your pool? The game engine will not allow you to do a partial upgrade.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Group Upgrade Problem - 11/18/2011 4:49:01 PM   
Sardaukar

IIRC, if you hover your mouse over the greyed button, it'll tell you the reason why you cannot.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Group Upgrade Problem - 11/18/2011 5:16:17 PM   
crsutton

You should be able to do it if you meet the conditions. Just try moving it to another base. I have had to do that once or twice.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 7
RE: Air Group Upgrade Problem - 11/18/2011 7:13:35 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Do you have enough airframes of the aircraft type you are upgrading to in your pool? The game engine will not allow you to do a partial upgrade.

Only applies to units scheduled to withdraw. For those you must have sufficient airframes in the pool to fully upgrade up to TOE. Unit which are not scheduled to withdraw can be manually upgraded by the player if there is a single airframe in the pool.

Alfred

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 8
RE: Air Group Upgrade Problem - 11/19/2011 6:35:21 AM   
Itdepends

Yep the mouseover should tell you why it can't upgrade- as long as you have "upgrade allowed" selected as well.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Air Group Upgrade Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI