Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arnhem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Arnhem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arnhem - 11/17/2011 10:47:56 PM   
xavutrecht

Hi,

Is there any scenario available about the battle of arnhem?

cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Arnhem - 11/17/2011 11:24:06 PM   
Lieste

In a few 'units of time'...
Currently in testing, intended for 'soon' after the patch is out.

(in reply to xavutrecht)
Post #: 2
RE: Arnhem - 11/18/2011 12:57:05 AM   
simovitch

The HTTR pack will feature 2 Historical scenarios covering the Arnhem Battle, and a hypothetical one assuming Arnhem was secured by XXX Corps by September 20th (at the expense of leaving the flanks of Hell's Highway exposed).

And lots of other Market-Garden stuff, including an entirely new Historical mega-scenario created specifically for this release.

simovitch

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 3
RE: Arnhem - 11/18/2011 5:38:54 AM   
Renato

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

And lots of other Market-Garden stuff, including an entirely new Historical mega-scenario created specifically for this release.

That's quite interesting!

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 4
RE: Arnhem - 11/18/2011 8:28:51 AM   
phoenix

Isn't it just!

But when......?

(in reply to Renato)
Post #: 5
RE: Arnhem - 11/18/2011 2:27:23 PM   
GBS

tick......tick.....tick.....tick.....tick.....

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 6
RE: Arnhem - 11/18/2011 3:43:34 PM   
simovitch

We should have these ready to submit to Matrix within a week or 2 after the Patch is out...

simovitch

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 7
RE: Arnhem - 11/19/2011 1:31:41 PM   
xavutrecht

Thanks very much for your answers.

Looking forward for the next patch, I love this game (my wife a little bit less, quite time consuming )

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 8
RE: Arnhem - 11/19/2011 6:38:46 PM   
miya

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

... including an entirely new Historical mega-scenario created specifically for this release.

What does that mean ? I am curious.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 9
RE: Arnhem - 11/19/2011 8:49:47 PM   
Arjuna

The mega scenario covers all of the Arnhem and Nijmegen battlefield. So you will be able to play out these in a combined operation.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to miya)
Post #: 10
RE: Arnhem - 11/20/2011 9:41:52 AM   
phoenix

Can't find Simovitch's post where he showed us a Nijmegam/Arnhem map he'd done - but I seem to remember Nijmegan didn't go down as far as Groesbeek? Am I right? Is that the map you mean for the mega-scenario, Dave? It's somewhere in this forum, I know, but I can't find it.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 11
RE: Arnhem - 11/20/2011 3:47:37 PM   
simovitch

The newer map extends past Groesbeek heights to the Reichswald to the south and past Deleen Airfield to the north. Essentially combining the Nijmegen and Arnhem Maps into one.

simovitch

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 12
RE: Arnhem - 11/20/2011 3:50:44 PM   
phoenix

Ah! Excellent. Can't wait. that will be a brilliant scenario. It will be within your grasp to actually rescue the paras, then? To fight through Nijmegan whilst the British paras are hanging on in Arnhem and, if you do better than the historical forces, link up and save them? Sounds great. Have you tested this scenario yet?

< Message edited by phoenix -- 11/20/2011 3:51:41 PM >

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 13
RE: Arnhem - 11/21/2011 10:49:10 PM   
simovitch

Yes, "From the Meuse to the Rhine" has been tested a few times, though not as Germans yet.

I want to wrap up the development of the HTTR pack scenarios before December. After that it's up to Dave and Matrix to package it all up...

simovitch

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 14
RE: Arnhem - 1/5/2012 4:22:29 AM   
Bobbyb1

Hi simovitch. I am new to exploring this game (and where it has come from) so please excuse my ignorance but are you saying that you are taking the (some? all?) standard HTTR scenarios and uplifting them to BFTB? And if so is the intent for Matrix/PG to then make those available as a download, either free or with some cost?

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 15
RE: Arnhem - 1/5/2012 10:44:48 AM   
phoenix

The package is to be an add-on, Bobbyb1, for sale (price not yet announced) and should be out very soon. Last we heard they had 'signed it off' and sent it to matrix for them to build and test an installer. I think. I don't think it's all the HTTR scenarios, but there's a list somewhere in this forum.

(in reply to Bobbyb1)
Post #: 16
RE: Arnhem - 1/5/2012 2:37:18 PM   
Bobbyb1

Thanks phoenix. That sounds good...One initial reservation I had was that the Bulge itself is a failry limited scope little segment of the war, and it seemed like a bit of short gaming experience if those few scenarios were all you "got". With the rich history of the predecessor games and the community around them I can see there is a lot more "value" lurking under the hood (or bonnet as we'd say down here :)).

Cheers,
Bobby

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 17
RE: Arnhem - 1/5/2012 2:50:39 PM   
phoenix

Yes. Been waiting to play Arnhem for a while, as has everybody. I loved HTTR, but the BFTB engine seems very much more intelligent, and harder to beat. I once managed to get the Axis to surrender playing the Arnhem historical campaign on normal settings in HTTR. I'm guessing that won't be possible when I play it in BFTB!

(in reply to Bobbyb1)
Post #: 18
RE: Arnhem - 1/6/2012 12:27:03 AM   
skarp

WOW this is great news. I bought RDOA when It came out and I enjoyed the expansion to HTTR but I've always hankered to have the whole operation to play again like i could on my ZX Spectrum way back in 85. From what I've read this covers both Arnhem and Nijmegen but not XXX Corps whole advance to Eindhoven and beyond?

If this is so is it because the game engine cannot take such a large map and so many units? I'd be keen to mod it

Right I'm off to buy my copy of BFTB

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 19
RE: Arnhem - 1/11/2012 5:15:50 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: skarp
...this covers both Arnhem and Nijmegen but not XXX Corps whole advance to Eindhoven and beyond?

If this is so is it because the game engine cannot take such a large map and so many units? I'd be keen to mod it

I wanted to give it a go and connect Eindhoven and Nijmegen but it was just too much work to do it right - the maps don't align well on the north/south edges so a whole bunch more mapping was needed to fill the gap to the east on Eindhoven and to the west on Nijmegen. Also the Einhoven Map is already huge and the game would severly lag on some folks' machines due to the extensive pathfinding. That said - there will be nothing to keep an industrious modder from doing it right.

simovitch

(in reply to skarp)
Post #: 20
RE: Arnhem - 1/11/2012 8:56:02 PM   
Chief Rudiger

Just fill the unmapped areas up with impassable terrain, label it "uncharted" and edit the graphics so that impassable terrain appears as pictures of sea monsters.

Simples

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 21
RE: Arnhem - 1/11/2012 11:40:44 PM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Rudiger

Just fill the unmapped areas up with impassable terrain, label it "uncharted" and edit the graphics so that impassable terrain appears as pictures of sea monsters.

Simples

Somebody promote this guy!

Yes that would be simple but probably not in keeping with our motto "when realism counts". However, I see no problem with some enthusiastic modder doing it. Are you up for it Chief?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Chief Rudiger)
Post #: 22
RE: Arnhem - 1/12/2012 7:17:47 AM   
Bazza042

I have to agree with Dave: but might not flagging the impassable terrain with 'Here Be Dragons' solve both your problems?

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Arnhem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI