Strafing

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mgoldstein

Strafing

Post by mgoldstein »

I'm a hopeless strafing fanboy, which is tough because strafing attacks in AE seem almost completely ineffectual.

Is there anything I can do with database manipulation to improve strafing without queering air-to-air combat? I'm experimenting with boosting the anti-soft score, but I'm wary of boosting accuracy or effectiveness for fear that it will skew dogfighting results.

Any advice from experienced game modders would be appreciated!

Thanks
-Marc
---
Strafing fanboy
Nikademus

RE: Strafing

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: mgoldstein

I'm a hopeless strafing fanboy, which is tough because strafing attacks in AE seem almost completely ineffectual.

Is there anything I can do with database manipulation to improve strafing without queering air-to-air combat? I'm experimenting with boosting the anti-soft score, but I'm wary of boosting accuracy or effectiveness for fear that it will skew dogfighting results.

Any advice from experienced game modders would be appreciated!

Thanks
-Marc

messing with either Acc or effect or both will impact A2A combat.

jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

What are you setting your fighters to do? Also, morale, alt, exp, and plane type play a big difference.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
JWE

Post by JWE »

Answer is no. But there's a gazillion different people who will tell you otherwise. Believe who you want. The answer is no. Don't care who tells you otherwise, the answer is no.
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

ORIGINAL: mgoldstein

In ground strafing you can experiment with Soft/Hard Attack, they are probably not used for any other type of attack.
But the main question is:
Does ONE plane can hit several devices on ground, with its guns? If not, changes will not give you much.

Most ship AA seems to not be in armored turrets, so penetration should not have impact on hitting. Effect probably does not have much impact, as any hit can disable small MG.
And I am not sure accuracy have any effect in strafing. Squads do not have this parameter.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”