Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mountain units.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Unity of Command Series >> Mountain units. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mountain units. - 11/17/2011 6:43:41 PM   
stormbringer3

Do Mountain units have any advantages over other infantry units? I looked over the rules and the Unit Blog but I didn't find anything.
Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Mountain units. - 11/17/2011 7:21:43 PM   
2xTom

Mountain units ended up being used mostly as light infantry in this campaign. We gave them one more movement point and made them slightly weaker in defense - i.e. "light" but other than that, they're the same as infantry.

Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: Mountain units. - 11/19/2011 6:00:04 PM   
stormbringer3

I hope that in the future you'll consider giving them something like a combat shift when fighting in mountain hexes, since they were specially trained units and some scenarios do have mountain hexes,

(in reply to 2xTom)
Post #: 3
RE: Mountain units. - 11/19/2011 8:17:58 PM   
2xTom

quote:

ORIGINAL: stormbringer3
consider giving them something like a combat shift when fighting in mountain hexes

You are correct.

We cut this corner out of expediency, and to make up for that I added an extra experience shift to both mountain units (the made-up "Gruppe Lanz" and the Romanian 2nd Mtn) in the only scenario where they're actually likely to fight in the mountains: "Baku".

I pulled a similar trick with Soviet ski units in "Don Offensives": instead of giving them ability to negate the snowy weather shift, I simply gave both of them one extra exp in that scenario.

So yeah, it's definitely a "there I fixed it" moment, but hopefully not a biggie

Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 4
RE: Mountain units. - 11/19/2011 9:01:43 PM   
stormbringer3

Thanks for the info. I played the Baku scenario but didn't pick up on the fact that they were given an extra experience shift. I still hope that as you make future changes to your great game you'll do permanent changes to units which had unique training or at least mention in a readme that they are given special abilities in certain scenarios.

(in reply to 2xTom)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Unity of Command Series >> Mountain units. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI