Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

COTA PLATAMON

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Conquest of the Aegean Support >> COTA PLATAMON Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
COTA PLATAMON - 11/17/2011 1:49:51 PM   
phoenix

I realise this isn't for COTA, but no one checks the COTA forum anymore, I assume, so I thought I would try asking this here. I just played through the 'Blunting the Spear' scenario at Platamon Tunnel (as Allies) and it was a great little scenario - I've never completed it before. Very easy to control because so small. The AI did some great things - for example, on Day 3, as the retreat from the castle ridge above the tunnel seemed inevitable, the AI (not waiting for that) moved my arty unit further back, so it was already in position when the battallion withdrew. I suppose it might have been responding to the enemny moving close to minimum range - not sure - but it seemed to be anticipating.

Anyway - THE QUESTION: I won a decisive victory. This seemed to be partly because I was showing as holding the tunnel and track objectives long after I was no where near them and the enemy were swarming all over them. I had not completed the objective. I had, I think 18 out of 25, roughly, on one, and something similar on the other, so is this a bug?

Thanks, if anyone at Panther, or elsewhere, can be bothered to answer, whilst we're waiting for ther patch, I mean....
Post #: 1
RE: COTA PLATAMON - 11/17/2011 9:11:52 PM   
Arjuna

Well actually I check the forums every day, so I have moved tis one back here. The victory level is detewrmined by the differential between your VPs and those of the enemy. If the diff is 50 or more you get a decisive victory. So in this case the enemy must have been doing very badly. Congrats!

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 2
RE: COTA PLATAMON - 11/17/2011 9:50:06 PM   
phoenix

Thanks Dave. But about the 'tunnel' and the 'track' objectives showing right through to the end as being mine, when, in fact, I lost them, and the enemy occupied them at the beginning of Day 3, roughly? Here's a pic showing it for the tunnel objective. As you see, it's shown as mine, but I'm no where near it, and the enemy have it, in fact? Is this ok?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by phoenix -- 11/17/2011 10:00:26 PM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: COTA PLATAMON - 11/17/2011 9:51:08 PM   
phoenix

mmm. That's not a very clear pic, but how do I squeeze the shot into 200kb, I wonder? Can you see what I mean, Dave?

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 4
RE: COTA PLATAMON - 11/17/2011 9:55:21 PM   
phoenix

This better?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 5
RE: COTA PLATAMON - 11/17/2011 11:25:49 PM   
Lieste

It is a 'bridge' (actually tunnel, but hey what's the difference) and you denied it to the enemy (blew it up before it was occupied).

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 6
RE: COTA PLATAMON - 11/18/2011 8:05:15 AM   
phoenix

Ah!! Thanks Lieste. Seems like I did win fairly, then. Amazing.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 7
RE: COTA PLATAMON - 12/17/2011 9:43:08 AM   
Golf33

I'm a bit late to the party - but the reason the scenario victory conditions are set up that way is because it's how the Kiwis effectively 'won' the real battle. If I recall the official histories correctly (it's been a fair while), it was a particularly brave effort as their engineers were very low on explosives and were not at all sure they would be able to collapse the tunnel.

Steve Golf33 Long

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 8
RE: COTA PLATAMON - 12/17/2011 10:36:10 AM   
phoenix

Thanks Golf33. You were the designer? It was a great little scenario, I thought. I enjoyed both as Germans and Kiwis, and, in the end, was able to win as both. Against the AI, that is. I doubt it would be so simple against the AI in its present iteration (in patched BFTB), which I'm finding much more aggressive, somehow, or, at least, much more stubborn. When I won this scenario as Germans it was enough, I found, to rush the tunnel on masse, with 'move' orders - that overwhelmed the kiwis. defending seems more determined in the new iteration, I think.

(in reply to Golf33)
Post #: 9
RE: COTA PLATAMON - 12/17/2011 11:03:27 AM   
Arjuna

Hey thanks Steve. It's good to see you popping in. Have a great Xmas mate.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Conquest of the Aegean Support >> COTA PLATAMON Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI