Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VAT

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> VAT Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VAT - 11/16/2011 11:07:17 PM   
JudgeDredd

It's nice to see VAT on the main purchase page now - well done Matrix & Plimus

Now - how about allowing customers who purchased a game via Paypal to view their orders...hmmm?

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!
Post #: 1
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 8:12:56 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
Now - how about allowing customers who purchased a game via Paypal to view their orders...hmmm?

Just curious : why would you want to ? I mean, I buy stuff through Paypal all the time, but never felt the need to view my orders on their site as they always send you a mail with all the info which I then store in a "Paypal" folder in my mailbox. Much more convenient and quicker to search in then some website you have to logon to etc.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 2
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 9:28:29 AM   
JudgeDredd

Not having access to it, I'm not sure what's there - but I presumed it was the same as "findmyorder" where you had a download link for your purchase....if it is actually just the order information and nothing more than I guess it's no biggie and can see why it takes a back seat to other things - but annoying that it's not available and I don't know what information or functionality is there just because I choose Paypal as the payment method

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 3
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 10:18:36 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
Not having access to it, I'm not sure what's there - but I presumed it was the same as "findmyorder" where you had a download link for your purchase....if it is actually just the order information and nothing more than I guess it's no biggie and can see why it takes a back seat to other things - but annoying that it's not available and I don't know what information or functionality is there just because I choose Paypal as the payment method

Scratching my head here because when I bought Unity of Command through Paypal two nights ago I got

1) A mail from Plimus with a link in case I needed product support and a link for help on this particular sale
2) A mail from Matrix with my serial number and download link
3) A mail from Paypal saying I had authorized payment to Plimus

All received within minutes of me pulling the trigger on the purchase.

What more do you want ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 10:51:06 AM   
Terl

I am guessing what he means is if you want to look up your order after purchasing with paypal there is no way unless you have the order number. If you use a credit card you can use the last digits of your credit card. Can't find the order if done with paypal using this screen: http://home.plimus.com/ecommerce/shoppers/finding-order

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 5
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 12:11:15 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terl
I am guessing what he means is if you want to look up your order after purchasing with paypal there is no way unless you have the order number.

I've got the impression we're running around in circles here ... the order number is in the mail Paypal send you under the heading Transaction ID, a link in the upper right corner of the mail. Clicking on it takes you to the details of your order.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 6
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 1:09:36 PM   
Terl

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

I am guessing what he means is if you want to look up your order after purchasing with paypal there is no way unless you have the order number.

I've got the impression we're running around in circles here ... the order number is in the mail Paypal send you under the heading Transaction ID, a link in the upper right corner of the mail. Clicking on it takes you to the details of your order.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

That is true. I did not realize you can go back to Paypal and find the transaction ID and see the number there. Your post made me go look. While you can get the number it is not just enter the number and an email with Plimus to access your order if purchased through Paypal. You have to open a ticket with them. I am one who liked the old vendor, Digital River.

< Message edited by Terl -- 11/17/2011 1:17:21 PM >

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 7
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 1:16:30 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

That is true. I did not realize you can go back to Paypal and find the transaction ID and see the number there. Your post made me go look. Cool....

I think I figured it out. The only way actually looking your order up through Paypal would ever be needed is when you delete the mail Paypal has send you.

A simple solution for this : don't delete the mail.

Oh, and backup your installer executable while you're at it and put the serial number in a text file with it.

There, I've just solved 50% of the support calls Matrix gets :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 8
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 1:18:47 PM   
Terl

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

That is true. I did not realize you can go back to Paypal and find the transaction ID and see the number there. Your post made me go look. Cool....

I think I figured it out. The only way actually looking your order up through Paypal would ever be needed is when you delete the mail Paypal has send you.

A simple solution for this : don't delete the mail.

Oh, and backup your installer executable while you're at it and put the serial number in a text file with it.

There, I've just solved 50% of the support calls Matrix gets :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Not really, it is a nuisance to access it through Plimus with the order number. I got the number and went back and one must complete a ticket. Whereas the process is easier if you used a credit card.

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 9
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 1:36:56 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

Not really, it is a nuisance to access it through Plimus with the order number. I got the number and went back and one must complete a ticket. Whereas the process is easier if you used a credit card.

I'm going to bow out of this one, because the more I read about it, the more I fail to see the problem.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 10
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 3:05:08 PM   
JudgeDredd

forget it - **** sake!

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 11
RE: VAT - 11/17/2011 9:48:30 PM   
Obsolete

quote:

forget it - **** sake!

LOL!!

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 12
RE: VAT - 11/19/2011 8:57:02 AM   
JudgeDredd

Whilst this thread is about Plimus - I was able to log on to Digital River using findmyorder and download a game I bought in 2006 (Puresim Baseball) - I can't even redownload a game I bought in June this year from Plimus (though why the **** would I want to?).

That is a step backward in my book - and bearing in mind how many people thought DR was bad...go figure

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> VAT Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message