Internet Games: Tips & Suggestions

Unity of Command lets you replay the epic conflict that was the Stalingrad Campaign of World War II. In this turn-based game of strategy and cunning, observe how opportunity leads the German army to advance recklessly into the steppes of southern Russia. And as the story unfolds, join the Soviet campaign to repel the invaders... As these legendary battles play out on the hex board, the tension of decision making and difficulties of conducting operations on a massive scale emerge. Command armies and fronts in maneuver warfare, thrust and encircle, capture cities and cross continents; but never, ever forget to watch your supply lines. The Red Turn expansion ads a gigantic Soviet expansion centered on the Kursk campaign.

Moderators: 2xTom, 2xPelin

czar33

Internet Games: Tips & Suggestions

Post by czar33 »

Hi there,

Just started to play with a regular PBEM opponent. To "log in" a game works well but we'd like to suggest that once a new turn is posted that the game sends a notice to the opponent. It's a bit tedious to do this manually[>:]

Also if you haven't figured it out you CAN copy and paste the game key (ctrl-c/ctrl-v) between applications (alt-tab).[8D]

It would be nice however if the menu screen show all your active games you might want to log into.[&o]

Cheers
B.
2xTom

RE: Internet Games: Tips & Suggestions

Post by 2xTom »

First of all thanks for reporting the issue with MP. It's already being worked on as I understand from Ante.

The MP is rather under-tested as there was comparatively little interest in the test group we had. Maybe the AI was keeping everyone busy, and probably the rudimentary interface put some people off too.

In any case we look forward to more players on our server and we will keep adding MP futures as we get more feedback. Retrieving currently open games and sending automatic turn notifications are definitely on the list. We will also have more scenarios designed for MP specifically.
Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer
czar33

Post by czar33 »

Thanks Tom. We're looking forward for more MP scenarios.

It is not possible to play a MP campaign, right?
2xTom

Post by 2xTom »

No, it's not possible. We thought noone would want to play that.
Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer
mariovalleemtl

Post by mariovalleemtl »

I will love to play that ! Actually, this is my disappointment in this game.
Image Image Image
TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

A MP Campaign would be great. Will it probably be available in the future?

Great game though, I like it very much.

Return to “Unity of Command Series”