Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for Allied Opponent for Campaign two - Closed.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for Allied Opponent for Campaign two - Closed. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for Allied Opponent for Campaign two - Closed. - 11/16/2011 2:51:27 AM   
Redsunrizing

I am looking for an Allied E-mail opponent for the Hakko Ichiu grand campaign two please.

I have been playing AE since the week it was released, but against the AI only. I have recently completed the full campaign two against the computer, and am now ready for a good human opponent. But I would please ask for a genuine player, as I was burnt in 2006 on the old War in the Pacific forum, when I last tried to start an E-mail game.

I would like these house rules, and settings, but I will negotiate.

#No 4-engine bombing on naval attack below 10,000ft, other that for Naval bombers.
#Fighters max altitude is the band with their second best manuever rating.
#Restricted units must pay PPs to cross national boundaries.
#Allied player on turn one can move only Chinese ground units and TFs already at sea.
#Allied player on turn one cannot create any new TFs.
#The Maximum of one port attack by Japan on turn one.
#No strategic bombing within or from China before 1944.
#Night bombing only when the moonlight is above 50%.
#Landing or paradropping on non base/dot hex is not allowed.
#No use of many single ships to confuse naval combat routines, but picket ships are OK.
#Reliable torpedoes off, allied damage control on.
#Normal withdrawals On.
#PDU On.

I am using the latest beta patch, which is r1. I can normally do about 5 turns a week, after the first few major (set-up) turns are complete.

Thanks Paul.

< Message edited by Redsunrizing -- 11/16/2011 7:37:36 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for Allied Opponent for Campaign two - 11/16/2011 5:23:06 AM   
jeffs

do you have an opponent yet? If not I would be sorely tempted! Please let me know

To quote from Evans/Peattie`s {Kaigun}
"Mistakes in operations and tactics can be corrected, but
political and strategic mistakes live forever". The authors were refering to Japan but the same could be said of the US misadventure in Iraq

(in reply to Redsunrizing)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for Allied Opponent for Campaign two - Closed. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI