Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Complexity question.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Unity of Command Series >> Complexity question. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Complexity question. - 11/15/2011 10:47:39 PM   
stormbringer3

I was getting ready to purchase and as I was reviewing everything, I noticed for the first time the complexity was rated as basic. I have lately been playing Panzer Corps and that complexity level is rated as basic, intermediate. Every game I buy doesn't have to be intermediate or advanced but when this title is rated only basic, I'm wondering about the level of challenge. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

< Message edited by stormbringer3 -- 11/15/2011 10:50:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Complexity question. - 11/15/2011 11:01:09 PM   
ComradeP

That's a good question.

Personally, I would rate a game like Panzer Corps or any game related to Panzer General as "beer and pretzels to basic".

Complexity also often comes from the amount of units/the number of actions you have to take and not necessarily from how complex a game is to play. At its core, the actual actions in a game like WitE are often not all that much more complex than those in other games, but as you have to take them more often and with more units, the complexity increases.

I would rate Unity of Command as basic, intermediate due to the logistics and the quality of the AI in scenarios where the defenders have a realistic chance to slow you down significantly or stop you. It doesn't have the magical "more or less no matter where you are on the map, you can always resupply" excuse for a logistics system that Panzer General-like titles have, but it has a basic but clever supply system. The AI will also offer a challenge through what it does, instead of by just placing a wall of the cheapest unit type between you and the objective like in Panzer General and related games (including Panzer Corps).

It's not a really complex wargame, but if you want to win you have quite a bit more thinking to do than in "entry level" basic wargames.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: Complexity question. - 11/15/2011 11:15:05 PM   
stormbringer3

ComradeP,
Thanks for your opinion. I'm going to place an order for this game. I value your insight, especially after all your WitE postings.

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 3
RE: Complexity question. - 11/15/2011 11:17:12 PM   
ComradeP

You're welcome. I hope you will enjoy the game and won't be disappointed.

If you have any further questions, now or when you get the game, feel free to ask them. The developers and testing team are more than happy to answer them.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 4
RE: Complexity question. - 12/5/2011 11:13:59 AM   
demjansk

I am thinking of purchasing the game and have loads of war games from matrix and the others. I was wondering if this game will come out with new campaigns like panzer corps? Is the map moddable etc?

Plus, how are players getting together for multiplayer games?

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 5
RE: Complexity question. - 12/5/2011 12:17:38 PM   
ComradeP

Yes, there will be new content over time, "over time" being the key phrase here. No exact dates/timeframes will be given until there's actually enough new content for DLC/an expansion.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Unity of Command Series >> Complexity question. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI