Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game - 11/23/2011 12:54:51 PM   
Fetrik Snubbe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Das123

I hope it makes the game more accessible to new players. It is such an awesome game.

I bought DW and RotS yesterday morning after a night shift i had to have it and didn't even wait for the sale starting today. Got up after 3 hours sleep, read the manual and played for 6-8 hours during the day. Now i'm sitting on the edge off my seat waiting for the release of Legends.

The buy was of course after i watched your 13 part Let's play of RotS. Previosly i always heard DW described as EU in space. Well that may be the closest and easiest explanation but it doesn't even come close to describing the game. I bet a lot of people have bought or are waiting for the sale to buy DW all thanks to you.

(in reply to Das123)
Post #: 31
RE: Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game - 11/23/2011 2:08:06 PM   
Bingeling

It is nice to see people motivated by this excellent video series. I think the EU3 comparison is mostly about the style of real-time play (relaxed), and of course that both are strategy games.

(in reply to Fetrik Snubbe)
Post #: 32
RE: Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game - 11/24/2011 6:43:28 PM   
Grisha

Thanks, Das! Really enjoyed watching those videos. Very helpful as well. They were great.

Best regards,
Greg Guerrero

(in reply to Das123)
Post #: 33
RE: Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game - 2/5/2012 10:42:27 PM   
radwyn

I just started playing and I watched all your videos they are a great introduction to DW. Thanks for your effort it has made the game much more enjoyable.

(in reply to Grisha)
Post #: 34
RE: Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game - 2/6/2012 4:33:53 AM   
Das123

Glad to hear they are helping. :)

(in reply to radwyn)
Post #: 35
RE: Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game - 9/2/2012 11:53:27 PM   
Mr_PeaCH

I have just gotten in to the game in the last couple of weeks myself (DW + two expansions 33% off sale) and even though these were from the first expansion they are are a great way for a newbie like myself to get their feet under them. You seem to cover all the essentials in an easy to understand and logical manner. Hats off, really first rate! Now I'm off to conquer the galaxy on my own.

P

(in reply to Das123)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI