Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wrong description of elephants units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Tech Support >> Wrong description of elephants units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wrong description of elephants units - 11/6/2011 2:07:45 PM   
Gribeauval

When the player right-clicks on an elephant counter, he gets a wrong description of this unit : "This tribune has received a temporary command ... They are... usefull for moving supplies......".
Apparently this descriptive text refers to another future game in the series or to new features in the current game .....

(thanks a lot for this wonderfull game)
Post #: 1
RE: Wrong description of elephants units - 11/6/2011 10:05:49 PM   
mercenarius

Well, this is an error which crept into the last update.

Naturally I regret the inconvenience to you and other players.

As for the cause, you are exactly right. I was playing with the idea of temporary commanders. But I decided against including such a feature in the 1.0.4 update. Unfortunately I made a mistake in coding the information for this type of unit. So the information for the Elephants unit is now wrong.

The elephants should be the only unit type affected. No other functionality in the game should be affected by this error - only the information dialogs. That stinks and is embarrassing.

When some time has passed we'll probably issue a 1.0.5 patch which will be a purely maintenance release. For now I ask the players' indulgence. If I do find any errors in essential functionality, I will issue a hot fix immediately, of course.

Thanks for finding and reporting this.

James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

(in reply to Gribeauval)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Tech Support >> Wrong description of elephants units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI