Beginner's Questions

Post new mods and scenarios here.
DesMarekle

Beginner's Questions

Post by DesMarekle »

Since searching the Forum did not bring up any results and googling did not help at all, I'll just start a new topic and hope to get some answers ...

I started looking into modding CC:TLD today. I've got some experience in modding other games but I can't befriend myself with this one here [:@]
Are there any tutorials anywhere? I found a bunch of tools and I think I'll be able to use them, but I can't find out where soldier models are or how to open the "soldier" or "soldierB" files in the "GRAPHICS" folder, where I suspect them to be. In fact, I don't even know what types of file they're supposed to be, since conveniently (!) they've got no endings .___.
Well that's the most important thing I'd like to know for now, what kinds of files/archives are those?! [&:]
CSO_Talorgan

RE: Beginner's Questions

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

ORIGINAL: DesMarekle

Are there any tutorials anywhere?

I don't think so, unfortunately.

I can't find out where soldier models are or how to open the "soldier" or "soldierB" files in the "GRAPHICS" folder, where I suspect them to be.

If you seek to alter the size of the pixel soldiers, there is a mod here: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/Long ... Dmods.html under "Small soldiers mods for The Longest Day".

... or is its the colour of the uniforms you seek to mod?

In fact, I don't even know what types of file they're supposed to be, since conveniently (!) they've got no endings .___.
Well that's the most important thing I'd like to know for now, what kinds of files/archives are those?! [&:]

Welcome to the strange world of modding a very old game with a file structure which has "evolved".

[8|]

Did you find Mafi's tools http://home.claranet.de/ftf/ ?

You'll see the reference to the Soldier and Soldier B files under "CC2Spriter". I am away from home my own notes and archives at the moment, and I cannot remember whether this tool can be applied to tLD.

I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long for a response.
DesMarekle

RE: Beginner's Questions

Post by DesMarekle »

I want to change the soldier models allover actually and maybe the weaponmodels as well.
I havent been working on CC since i posted this, but ill look into those tools and maybe do sth. I think i tested every single tool there is at some point, so i suppose i tested this one before. But im not sure so ill just download it. Anyway, thanks for the reply :)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”