Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beginner's Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Mods and Scenarios >> Beginner's Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beginner's Questions - 11/1/2011 9:50:12 PM   
DesMarekle

Since searching the Forum did not bring up any results and googling did not help at all, I'll just start a new topic and hope to get some answers ...

I started looking into modding CC:TLD today. I've got some experience in modding other games but I can't befriend myself with this one here
Are there any tutorials anywhere? I found a bunch of tools and I think I'll be able to use them, but I can't find out where soldier models are or how to open the "soldier" or "soldierB" files in the "GRAPHICS" folder, where I suspect them to be. In fact, I don't even know what types of file they're supposed to be, since conveniently (!) they've got no endings .___.
Well that's the most important thing I'd like to know for now, what kinds of files/archives are those?!
Post #: 1
RE: Beginner's Questions - 1/1/2012 12:07:08 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: DesMarekle

Are there any tutorials anywhere?

I don't think so, unfortunately.

quote:

I can't find out where soldier models are or how to open the "soldier" or "soldierB" files in the "GRAPHICS" folder, where I suspect them to be.

If you seek to alter the size of the pixel soldiers, there is a mod here: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html under "Small soldiers mods for The Longest Day".

... or is its the colour of the uniforms you seek to mod?

quote:

In fact, I don't even know what types of file they're supposed to be, since conveniently (!) they've got no endings .___.
Well that's the most important thing I'd like to know for now, what kinds of files/archives are those?!

Welcome to the strange world of modding a very old game with a file structure which has "evolved".

Did you find Mafi's tools http://home.claranet.de/ftf/ ?

You'll see the reference to the Soldier and Soldier B files under "CC2Spriter". I am away from home my own notes and archives at the moment, and I cannot remember whether this tool can be applied to tLD.

I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long for a response.

(in reply to DesMarekle)
Post #: 2
RE: Beginner's Questions - 1/1/2012 5:39:49 PM   
DesMarekle

I want to change the soldier models allover actually and maybe the weaponmodels as well.
I havent been working on CC since i posted this, but ill look into those tools and maybe do sth. I think i tested every single tool there is at some point, so i suppose i tested this one before. But im not sure so ill just download it. Anyway, thanks for the reply :)

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Mods and Scenarios >> Beginner's Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI