Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Now whats wrong?????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Now whats wrong????? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Now whats wrong????? - 10/31/2011 9:31:01 PM   
resinslinger

I played a scenario of PCO this morning and then had to get the drivers for my printer. I came back this afternoon, and damned if the game wouldn't start. So, I uninstalled the game, making sure that no game folders were left in that directory, did a check of my system to see if there were any gremlins in the registry (yep, 426 of them) and fixed them. Just finished reinstalling the program. Net setup fine. DirectX is hung. Any suggestions would be most welcom. Chris.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
Post #: 1
RE: Now whats wrong????? - 10/31/2011 11:30:52 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: resinslinger

I played a scenario of PCO this morning and then had to get the drivers for my printer. I came back this afternoon, and damned if the game wouldn't start. So, I uninstalled the game, making sure that no game folders were left in that directory, did a check of my system to see if there were any gremlins in the registry (yep, 426 of them) and fixed them. Just finished reinstalling the program. Net setup fine. DirectX is hung. Any suggestions would be most welcom. Chris.

I'm not sure exactly what state your computer is in. But you should be able to stop the process. try the game and see if it works then. PCO should only make a few entries in the Registry, though I'm not sure what DirectX or .Net does.

Rick

(in reply to resinslinger)
Post #: 2
RE: Now whats wrong????? - 11/1/2011 3:01:47 AM   
resinslinger

Well, what I didn't know was that my computer was about to take a very hard crash. Somehow or other (probably when I had my Firewall and Virus Protection down while I downloaded some program), I got a nasty virus. As soon as the virus protection was turned on it found the bug and killed it, but it was too late. So, making a long story short....just went ahead and restored the system. I've reinstalled a few programs but not PCO. I'll do that tomorrow. Oh yeah, I lost 75,000 (yes, seventy five thousand) reference photos and about 2000 hours of design work. Didn't have a DVD burner to back up those files and I restored the system before realizing "Oh crap.....". Start again, I guess. Then again, maybe not. BTW...my other name is JOB but he is really trying my patience.

Nite Rick and thanks. Chris.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 3
RE: Now whats wrong????? - 11/1/2011 4:42:08 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: resinslinger

Well, what I didn't know was that my computer was about to take a very hard crash. Somehow or other (probably when I had my Firewall and Virus Protection down while I downloaded some program), I got a nasty virus. As soon as the virus protection was turned on it found the bug and killed it, but it was too late. So, making a long story short....just went ahead and restored the system. I've reinstalled a few programs but not PCO. I'll do that tomorrow. Oh yeah, I lost 75,000 (yes, seventy five thousand) reference photos and about 2000 hours of design work. Didn't have a DVD burner to back up those files and I restored the system before realizing "Oh crap.....". Start again, I guess. Then again, maybe not. BTW...my other name is JOB but he is really trying my patience.

Nite Rick and thanks. Chris.

you lost 75,000 photos! that has to hurt.

good luck!
Rick

Post #: 4
RE: Now whats wrong????? - 11/1/2011 11:16:17 AM   
resinslinger

Yes, I sure did. Eh well, s#&t happens but you have to move forward. No need to cry about it. Right? Chris.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 5
RE: Now whats wrong????? - 11/1/2011 4:25:22 PM   
resinslinger

Back up and runnning. I have no idea what could have happened. Sure wish I knew more about program codes. It would make life much easier. Chris.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Now whats wrong????? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI