Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random Campaign with Infantry

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Random Campaign with Infantry Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random Campaign with Infantry - 10/31/2011 1:33:57 AM   
junk2drive

I started a campaign with the 1st Infantry Division Short.

Having mobile PaK 36 makes a big difference for me in the playability and enjoyment of the infantry campaigns. I'm not sure if I will lose them later to upgrades but for now at least I have something to compliment the 75mm Inf guns.

If you haven't tried one with the beta update, you might give it another look.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Post #: 1
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 10/31/2011 1:56:09 AM   
oldspec4

Because I'm an old grunt and prefer more of an infantry mix, I had started a 1st infantry random campaign previously. My gameplay however was somewhat restricted to the original placement of the PaK 36s and inability to move them.

With the latest updates, being able to move the PaKs makes the infantry part of the game much better IMO.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 2
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/20/2011 3:10:44 PM   
junk2drive

I'm up to battle 8. Winter battles now. I forgot how different Winter maps are. My core units have accumulated a few medals. I enjoy the AAR screen, checking each unit for kills and medals.

With the latest beta update, I seem to have a more reasonable time getting enemy troops out of buildings, including towers. I had a PZIV target troops in a tower with its MG. OBA has become important for dealing with the Soviet mobile ATGs as well as my own mobile guns.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 3
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/20/2011 8:59:10 PM   
oldspec4

After the Thanksgiving holiday period, I should have some time to start an infantry campaign myself.

Sounds like the most current beta has improved the gameplay.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/20/2011 10:08:42 PM   
junk2drive

I don't usually play campaigns in my games. This has been interesting. Sometimes I get a few points to spend, sometimes 0. Do I replace a squad and take a chance on losing rank? Or buy something new? Do I deselect my Stukas so that I can buy OBA? There seems to be a twist to every new battle.

Maybe there will be some new campaign files for you to choose from by then.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 5
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/26/2011 3:12:44 PM   
junk2drive

I'm getting close to the end, battle 11 of 12 and I am on the defense for the first time. Unfortunately for the AI, I am on the side with the trees and town and the AI has to cross open ground.

Last battle one of my squads received a Knight's Cross on it's Iron Cross First Class. Another squad received Veteran Sgt and Sharpshooter. This squad has the most medals.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by junk2drive -- 11/26/2011 3:14:33 PM >

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 6
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/26/2011 7:51:02 PM   
junk2drive

Took me 52 turns to win. I had to counter attack to kill enough units to get the points.

Final battle is a defend in the snow. I already see some T34/76-41s and I don't have any armour. Hope I can get my ATGs in good positions.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 7
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/29/2011 2:10:53 AM   
oldspec4

Just started the 1st Infantry Campaign (Not Random) but I cannot move my Pak36s. I'm running the 2.0.329c Beta; and IIRC I had no problem moving the PaK 36 w/ the prior Beta.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 8
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/29/2011 2:36:15 AM   
junk2drive

Because of the legacy campaigns and scenarios we had to leave the original PaKs in. The mobile PaKs have to be added or swapped to the scenarios to see them in a pre made battle. They show up in randoms as part of your infantry force.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 9
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/29/2011 2:40:31 AM   
oldspec4

ok...thanks. My prior infantry campaign was random so that explains why I could move the Paks previously.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 10
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/29/2011 6:57:32 AM   
Rick

oldspec,

I think perhaps you have started playing with an older campaign that was actually generated by the Random Campaign generator prior to the latest patch. The 1st Infantry Campaign is a Random campaign. if it was generated before this latest patch, then it uses the Pak 36 unit. This was changed to a 'Pak 36 Mobile' in the latest beta patch. But in random campaigns generated with older versions, this unit appears as 'PaK 36'. If you generate a 1st Infnatry Campaign now, it will show a "Pak 36 Mobile" for the 3/1-43 PaK
unit.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 11
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/29/2011 11:01:12 AM   
oldspec4

Yep..I started the same random campaign as junk and the PaK 36 is WAD, i.e., mobile.

edit note: I missed the last bullet under Data Changes for the most current Beta.

Thanks,
Mike

< Message edited by oldspec4 -- 11/29/2011 2:13:54 PM >

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 12
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/29/2011 7:45:30 PM   
Jafele

I´m playing the 1st infantry division 1941 short. I find it very original and handy.

Although don´t know why trucks are not able to tow antitanks .

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 13
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 11/29/2011 10:40:00 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

I´m playing the 1st infantry division 1941 short. I find it very original and handy.

Although don´t know why trucks are not able to tow antitanks .

The ability to tow some guns is one of the things we want to look at in the next game in the series.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 14
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 12/1/2011 3:35:48 PM   
Ratzki

That, is one thing that I am lookig forward to.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 15
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 12/2/2011 12:13:09 AM   
heinrich55

I second that. Towing them onto or across the battlefield and unlimbering them is something we definitely need. If I were greedy I'd ask for the ability to re-limber and move them to a new position, but just being able to move them to a desired position and set them up would be good for starters. Maybe even the option to fire the 88mm flak kanone while still limbered - that would be really slick. I know the crews did fire them that way on occasion, especially if they figured they needed to move quickly after giving away their position.

Heinrich55

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 16
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 12/3/2011 10:31:38 AM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

The ability to tow some guns is one of the things we want to look at in the next game in the series.

Not possible for a future patch?

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 17
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 12/3/2011 1:55:58 PM   
Mad Russian

If it was as simple as patching it you would have had that ability by now.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 18
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 12/3/2011 7:11:22 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

Not possible for a future patch?

I doubt that it will be simple enough for a patch, though I would hesitate to say anything is impossible. I think right now we may need to look at adding a new unit class for guns since once we start making them movable there are other things that need to be addressed.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 19
RE: Random Campaign with Infantry - 12/6/2011 1:24:59 AM   
junk2drive

Of course I always recommend reading the Random Battle and Campaign Generator addendum located in the documents folder.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Random Campaign with Infantry Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI