AI Assigned Partisan Missions

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

bugwar

AI Assigned Partisan Missions

Post by bugwar »

I have not been able to assign missions to my partisan units while playing the game in PBEM. Is this normal behavior for the game?

[&:]
Gil R.

RE: AI Assigned Partisan Missions

Post by Gil R. »

Yes. i *think* it's in the manual, but perhaps not. For programming reasons I'm not able understand (as I'm not a programmer) in PBEM only this had to be handed over to the AI.

Sorry about the delayed response to this -- I've been slammed with work, and haven't been on the forum for a week-plus.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
bugwar

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Post by bugwar »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Yes. i *think* it's in the manual, but perhaps not. For programming reasons I'm not able understand (as I'm not a programmer) in PBEM only this had to be handed over to the AI.

Sorry about the delayed response to this -- I've been slammed with work, and haven't been on the forum for a week-plus.

Thanks for the response. I had hoped that the partisan missions would pop up like the promotion selections did. Oh well, I will just have to trust the AI to manage for me.

[:D]
Herrbear

Post by Herrbear »

Is there any ability to minimize the effect of partisans and raiders?
bugwar

Post by bugwar »

I have not seen anything in the rules to that effect. In practice, guerrillas have a very high mortality
rate, and cost a bundle of resources to replace. I do not think they give adequate value for their expense,
and I only construct them when I have an excess of horseflesh sitting around.

Just my two cents.

[8D]

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”